As usual with the flare up of war we see an increase in propaganda. Some of it is fun and done in an endearing spirit mixing playful natured banter with art. We’re going to be taking a look at the other side of war propaganda: an analysis of try hard misinformation propaganda that is designed not to instruct, but rather misinform readers. To no one’s surprise this unfortunately requires us to read the nonsensical ramblings of Imperium State Media’s most prolific propagandist, Moomin Amatin. Not only that, but the results of some other comment section posters that display the results of taking game narrative far too seriously. We’ll be looking at the “Imperium vs PanFam: A Week of War” parts 1 and 2.

The analysis here will likely be ignored by him and his fellow Kool-Aid drinkers. Instead of counter arguments we will hear oft repeated barking that I’m simply some kind of NCPL loyalist spreading their propaganda. In truth I’ve written numerous articles critiquing NCPL, and on a personal level I don’t think many elements of their leadership are too fond of me because of this. (I story I might tell in another piece.) I’ve been writing critique pieces since 2011 so a lot of people from different alliances take cold indifferent analysis as a personal attack on their mother’s virginity, NCPL included. Specifically I find NCPL’s mode of doing things often lacking long term strategy. Their expulsion of Co2 from Tribute and their pushing TEST into the arms of Imperium Hegemony are just two massive mistakes they have made in the past few years. Despite these critiques I’m sure Moomin will continue to say I’m just “trying to get in the good graces of NCPL.” After all when you have a drip fed supply of Kool-Aid, your worldview is myopic. In his view if you are not with Goons, you must be an NC-PL-BOB loyalist. Now with that out of the way we can address the main point at hand.

We’ll start off by showing the claim being made and showing how it’s inaccurate, dishonest, or simply made up.

1. “PanFam have been throwing around their weight for years. Constantly threatening groups and extorting where they can.”

This first claim is set up to establish that PanFam are bad. They’re throwing their weight around for years…and extorting people! The irony of course is that Goonswarm had an “extortion campaign” in late 2015 where they attempted to coerce people into paying them protection money. This all hilariously backfired when various lowsec groups like TISHU, Snuff, Shadow Cartel and others banded together and proceeded to hyper-dunk Goons and their friends in lowsec. What happens when you take a zerg 0.0 spam-cheap-crap-at-the-enemy approach against Lowsec Voltron’s slaved blinged pirate ship doctrine? Hundreds of billions in Goon feeds in exchange for some moons that never paid for the losses. Furthermore this showed Eve the weakness of Goonswarm which in part prompted the culmination of World War Bee.

2. “PanFam retreating.”

Based on the reporting that PanFam are unanchoring certain structures in the north and pulling further east, INN writers are quick to claim some kind of victory over this. There’s major gloating over how IHUBs and system upgrades are being destroyed to the tune of gorillions of ISK. These seems ironic of Goons to do considering how in 2016 they justified their retreat from the 8 or so regions that make up the north as being a “Fabian Strategy.” Yet when PanFam does it it’s treated like some massive route of forces.

3. “We’ve beaten them in the north before.”

Referencing the war between DeadCo (Darkness and allies) and the Imperium in which PanFam sided with DeadCo, INN propagandists are claiming that they had beaten them already. The previous conflict however is misrepresented as most historical things at INN are. DeadCo and the Imperium had a war in which PanFam offered DeadCo their support. The conflict took a different focus once Circle-of-Two entered the conflict. Co2 is easily one of the single biggest reasons the Imperium lost World War Bee. Thus the focus and energy of the Imperium went into hitting Co2 which eventually folded into Pandemic Horde of PanFam. With their energy spent the Imperium quickly took the offer of DeadCo leader, Sort Dragon for peace in exchange for numerous faction citadels. If this was supposed to be a stunning defeat of PanFam what can we say about the Halloween War and the parallels there?

Both Imperium and Panfam had their respective beneficiaries they were propping up either as RUSRUS or DeadCo respectively. Yet the Imperium ceded territory and their ally folded with their territory being incorporated into PanFam’s renter empire. DeadCo for what it’s worth still stood after the more recent war. Only in the mind of a zealot can you have your ally destroyed, lose territory and still win the war as is the claim by Goons regarding the Halloween War. That’s not to say that PanFam won the war in the north when working with DeadCo. But we should work to put things in perspective.

4. “DeadCo backstabbed by PanFam.”

It’s always funny to see Imperium narrative change regarding Sort Dragon. He’s ridiculed when he is not useful to the Imperium (See Asher’s Pavlov’s Dragon article) or more recently gets good boy head pats when he is useful by speaking out against PanFam. Love him or hate him, Sort Dragon’s a survivor, the Walder Frey of Eve Online, unable to directly dictate what goes on in Eve, but always useful to someone who does.

The claim that PanFam betrayed DeadCo comes from PanFam resetting him after helping defend his space for several months, and some verbal frustration expressed by PanFam leadership regarding DeadCo’s lackluster performance. On top of that Pandemic Horde in conjunction with Black Legion blew up some DeadCo stuff in Branch. This is the “betrayal” and “attack” by Panfam Moomin is referring to. Hardly some massive PanFam campaign against Darkness. More accurately this is a convenient excuse for Sort Dragon to keep his space safe from the Imperium. But who knows? Perhaps even this is a play by Sort Dragon waiting for the right moment to side with PanFam and counter push on the Goons.

5. “Flow of War favoring Imperium.”

This claim is debatable to say the least. Short story made even shorter is that PanFam are not bothering with structures while the only meaningful battle so far has ended in a land slide victory or Panfam.

The Imperium Takes a Bruising at The Battle of WH-JCA

Hmm ceding territory to tire out the attacker and only defending secure positions. Almost like some kind of Fabian Strategy employed or something. In any case sov, much less Tribute itself, doesn’t much matter. In the first case because the mechanics of the game itself have made sov and territorial loss much less meaningful.

A Sorry Tribute: War in the Post-War Galaxy

In the second case, because Tribute itself had always struck me more as a buffer zone with Vale of the Silent being more of a “core valuable territory.”

6. “PanFam saying Imperium are evil.”

Moomin also claims that there is some narrative about Imperium being evil and that it had been extensively used in World War Bee as well. First off nobody used any such narrative to call the Imperium evil. There were a few no-name spergs but where generally mocked by everyone. Imagine thinking being evil in Eve is a negative thing. The only one that made any serious claims was Darius Johnson, former leader of the Goons and that was addressing the extensive doxxing culture in in Goons. But none of this was used to “rally the people against the Imperium.”

7. “Asking reddit for help.”

Moomin claims that “a number of posts have been spotted” trying to ask for help against Goons. Literally where though? Of course he doesn’t cite them either because they don’t exist or they are made by sock puppet accounts/nobodies. Not much else for this point just lulz.

8. Numbers numbers numbers.

Moomin finally claims that PanFam and Imperium actually have “even numbers” in this conflict. The reality is that he’s counting over 10,000 renters and several alliances that aren’t even in PanFam or even involved in the current conflict up north. And once again like some PTSD riddled parrot, he brings up World War Bee and Goons having to fight off Literally All Of EvE (TM.) I guess when the only thing you’ve done this war is hit undefended structures and getting dunked in the one battle so far, you gotta bring up “The Casino War.” (Imagine thinking loser’s opinions of the names of war matter though.) Because I questioned this narrative in the INN comment section I was met with several loyal members fanatically defending the claim. Instead of sticking to the topic I was accused of “insulting” others and acting unethical. When I pointed out I simply questioned the notion of adding renters and non PanFam members onto Panfam’s numbers, the same person claimed that they were merely “baiting” me and that I was too stupid to catch on. Uh huh. Later on the same individual stated that they were “quite sincere in treating you with the contempt you deserve” and that I was having a psychotic meltdown. Clearly pointing out that WERMT and BoT are not relevant to actual combat viable numbers in the article is a “melt down” but calling someone “stupid” and thinking they deserved to be “treated with contempt” over spaceship video game pixels is reasonable.

Moomin and his fellow comrades attempt to project their own failures onto PanFam in some glazed over traumatized triggering stupor. Looking through and analyzing their mode of propaganda one begins to conclude that all of this is not so much about providing accurate critique of Panfam, of which there is plenty, but rather to project their own failures onto others. Engaging in this Orwellian mode of double think bringing to the fore front your own failures to project onto others while simultaneously memory holing the very fact that you were the originator of said mistake is exactly why I’ve grown such a distaste for large blocs. It requires one to suspend too much of your critical thinking for me to be comfortable with. Given enough time one develops a cult-like loyalty for what essentially is a neckbeard repository for poorly socialized manchildren. If you notice any of this or disagree with the narrative…well citizen…you’re just having a meltdown.

1. For hottest news you have to pay a visit world wide web
    and on the web I found this website as a best web site for latest updates.

June 7, 2019 at 09:37 Reply
  2. This website was… how do you say it? Relevant!!
    Finally I’ve found something that helped me. Kudos!

June 7, 2019 at 11:19 Reply
  3. 1
    Panfam has made big extorsion market at perimeter before being beaten by test. So what says the imperium propanganda is totally right. Every big power bloc try or tried extorsion. So it s real for panfam too (it s real for goon too of course)

The panfam retreat in tribute is real. Look by yourself what is happening there. Panfam has won some timers, but loose a lot of ihub and citadels. We wont speak about the rig lost while unanchoring, but it s also a lot of ISK lost.

Panfam was part of the north coalition that we beat last summer. I will add, PH was the most combative north alliance in this war. Dont remember also that PH mooves from our neighbouring to germinate after 2 month being our neighbour… It was a good times ;=)

4. Of course Gobbins backstabbed Sort dragon with Elo. Read again the ping about the reseting and what happened just after. They deployed to take sov in branch (and failed miserably… but it s not the question here) I think here, it s the worst mistake of the leadership of panfam last year…It was just a crazy moove. For sure if nothing of it had happened, Sort will be today fighting still on the side of panfam… gotg is peraps not the best ally in the game, but it s still good to have them on your side than the other. You talked about the mistake of panfam with test and co2 after WWB, yeah you are right, here with the backstabbed we have the third big diplomatic fail of panfam post WWB.

At the end, you say that the goon propanganda is to hide the goon failure. Goon failure? eventhought our ennemy wont tell this. Mid 2017, imperium was only in delve and querious. Last 2017 we took fountain, thanks to TC. Mid 2018 we glass some north area, took some part of CR and putted pet in PB, make gotg bend the knee. In 2019, goon took Period basis and is glassing 2 of panfam region, our ennemy are disgrouped (see gotg and panfam). Imperium has not been so powerfull after WWB. What a good failure. I think every alliance in this game would like to fail like this.

I know you hate goon, but focusing on fact is better than hate 🙂

Nothing is more real than this good meme : tribute is in fire and imperium loose a lot of krab at home 😀

June 7, 2019 at 12:57 Reply
    1. Seraph IX Basarab

1. So again they are salty they failed at something PanFam managed to do.

2. You can imagine however many structure losses you want. They’re paid back with interest in Delve. Plus any of the battles fought are lost on the Goon side.

3. PanFam supported GOTG the same way CFC supported RUSRUS. Yet CFC lost all RUSRUS territory which N3 at the time incorporated into their empire. So how is PanFam a “loser” in their war but not CFC which also lost territory?

4. Gobbins says Sort backstabbed them with the agreement so who knows. Also nobody was trying to take sov in Branch. I was in BL at the time. It wouldn’t even make sense. BL doesn’t want sov and Phorde couldn’t horde sov literally on the other side of Venal.

Yes it looks like a bunch of projection. In 2017 TC which could make 60 man fleets didn’t hold Fountain. Good job. 2018 you made GOTG bend the knee. True. In 2019…you got Period Basis by the Russians. There wasn’t any campaign.

June 7, 2019 at 17:54 Reply
  4. Sola Beaver

I like the youtube video and respresent reality at this moment. The tank destroying the mini.

Addition to point 4 :
    It could be better for PanFam to consolidate to one region if you ask me.
    Just abandon Tribute and Vale of the Silent.
    Join Horde space in Geminate instead. Its too big of an area to defend at all.
    Move the renters you current have towards Geminate as well and make them full members.
    They complain anyhow if they have to defend sov structure. They want to mine and rat.

Vale of the Silent en Tribute is too big to defend.
    Why do you think Bastion did not try to defend seriously as well during world war bee.
    PanFam cant hold it since they dont try to defend it anyhow. You dont need the space anyhow now.
    The important stuff has been secure the first two weeks when the rumour of the tank is on its way.
    The unimport structures and ihubs apparantly remain if you believe some panfam members saying they’re a nomad anyhow.

Point 5:
    As well both site progaganda’s say they win.
    But if you ask me the Imperium is on the winning side at his point. The reason is PanFam has got the fewest points of trying to defend the area. -10 on agression points. +5 on the Imperium for moving their whole fleets and burning PanFams structures.

June 7, 2019 at 16:50 Reply
  5. Vailen Sere

@Seraph. I know that propo articles get slung around, but I actually enjoy what you right. I’m just as likely to shoot at you in game as the goons, but I still like your articles. ^.^

June 7, 2019 at 20:42 Reply
  6. friend

6 comments, three are spam marketers and one is Seraph, I remember back when there would be a hundred people chiming in by now, what happened to this site?

June 8, 2019 at 02:30 Reply
    1. Hnm

It died a long time ago….what happened to the its merging into eve onion?

June 10, 2019 at 12:16 Reply
  7. kakito

thanks for these articles, unfortunately almost all the news portals of eve are from fanatical people and nothing impartial, they seem fanaticos in favor of goons

June 8, 2019 at 04:39 Reply
  8. Dodgie

Your not bias, what a joke, perhaps if you reported your dodgy analysis without the insults I would have read a little further. You are obviously a stooge just like those you accuse of being stooges. Spin, its a wonderful thing.

June 11, 2019 at 12:09 Reply
    1. Seraph IX Basarab

“if u were nicer I’d listen to the facts hurfblurf muh feelingz”

June 12, 2019 at 18:39 Reply
  9. noob in '09 noob now

Honestly PL have been kicking nubs ass since when I started in ’09. I remember they would roll up in well co-ordinated Zealot Gangs in the south and proceed to smash our noob asses in our crappy (but all we could do at the time) RR BS`s. Ive respected but been cautious of PL ever since.

June 11, 2019 at 21:27 Reply
  10. drkydrky

Both news sites cover news based on their respective affiliations. I believe it’s precisely this reason why TheMittani.com (TMC), a precursor to INN, was created.

And it’s the same reason why many readers myself also frequently reads TMC/INN in addition to news sources like EN24. I became sick of drinking only NC.’s koolaid, so I needed to find other sources. Belive me, back when EN24 was the only external news source for EVE, they were basically NC.’s cheerleader. While the site was filled with articles bashing any enemy of NC., any article critical of NC. was non-existant. Heck even any comments critical of NC.’s action frequently led to deletion of comments + ban of disqus commenters back then.

At this point, I don’t care that both news sites are trying to appear as balanced and impartial, I just accept the fact that they will always be under influence from their respective sides.

Lastly, I think the two major source of balanced news related to Eve comes from Eve Reddit and a newcomer New Eden Report (NER). If you want to see what a fair & impartial journalism in EVE looks like, go check out NER. They just report facts as it happens without siding with anyone. The only side NER takes is balanced journalism.

I wonder if this comment will get deleted for posting my honest opinion lol.

June 12, 2019 at 22:08 Reply
    1. Seraph IX Basarab

“articles critical of NC were non existent”

here’s one off the top of my head that I wrote

Also I’ve been with EN24 since 2011 and we never “deleted comments for being critical to NCdot.”

June 13, 2019 at 16:46 Reply
  11. I simply want to mention I’m all new to blogging and certainly savored you’re web blog. Probably I’m going to bookmark your site . You really have remarkable posts. Appreciate it for sharing your blog.

June 13, 2019 at 10:09 Reply
  12. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

June 16, 2019 at 22:03 Reply
  13. Some genuinely nice and useful info on this internet site , besides I believe the pattern has got good features.

June 17, 2019 at 15:49 Reply
  14. Thanks for some other fantastic article. The place else could
    anybody get that type of information in such a perfect method of writing?

I have a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the look for such
    information.