For a low sec Faction Warfare alliance, we sure are spending a lot of time in null sec lately with numerous timers, CTAs, and fleet actions!
Last fall going into null sec was a diversion from a war zone that had grown stale and quiet as Caldari Militia licked their wounds, but multiple successes turned the expeditionary force into an occupancy force for the Gallente Militia and Galmilistan was born in Cloud Ring region.
The big attraction for holding on to these systems in Cloud Ring are these two little icons…
Those two things are Outposts, and on June 5th CCP is going to do a one time conversion of all outposts in the game to special faction Citadels, items that cannot be gotten in any other manner in game ever again. From the dev blog:
Each of these new faction Citadels will have the stats of an improved Fortizar, and share the Fortizar’s docking restrictions. Each will gain a set of special bonuses connected to their former station identity: combining the defensive benefits of a Fortizar with extra bonuses usually reserved for more vulnerable structures.
– The Minmatar Outpost replacement Citadels will gain a bonus to reprocessing (smaller than the bonus on Refineries)
– The Amarr Outpost replacement Citadels will gain bonuses to manufacturing (smaller than the bonus on Engineering Complexes)
– The Caldari Outpost replacement Citadels will gain bonuses to research (smaller than the bonus on Engineering Complexes)
– The Gallente Outpost replacement Citadels will have an extra service module slot and gain a bonus to service module fuel use
– The “Immensea” Conquerable Station replacement Citadels will gain extra defensive benefits, hitpoints and slots as well as milder versions of the bonuses from the other four faction Citadels.
These new faction Citadels will be able to be unanchored, scooped and redeployed just like any other Upwell structure. They will not be manufacturable by capsuleers.
The faction Citadels replacing upgraded Outposts will receive another exclusive benefit: new special edition faction structure rigs. Which of these powerful rigs you receive will depend on the upgrades installed on the Outpost being replaced. The combined Outpost upgrades installed on each Outpost will all be added to a single faction rig so that the other two rig slots will remain free for use with normal L-set rigs.
Like the faction Citadels themselves, these rigs will be exclusive to the Outpost upgrade event and no more will ever be added to New Eden. These rigs will begin installed and will be destroyed if removed or if their host Citadel is unanchored (just like a normal rig).
Needless to say, these are going to be very valuable assets to the owning corporations on June 5th, so other entities are poking around the edges of existing owners and their space looking for weak spots where these outposts can be conquered before then and held until after the conversion.
Hence the timers, defenses, and CTAs. For now, we are a sov holding entity.
– Kirith Kodachi
We are proud to bring you the stories, opinions and musings of a long time pilot who has dabbled in everything New Eden has to offer, he writes and podcasts about his opinions and adventures at Ninveah.