The question of how Eve has avoided cosplayfication is an interesting one, which has numerous explanations. Is it one thing to dress up as a favorite character in a movie and series and quite another to do so with a character you essentially develop yourself in a game? Halo fanatics don’t think so. Perhaps it is due to the fact that the highsec missions in which the racial lore narratives figure prominently often become a distant memory for players who join this or that nullsec alliance. The trend towards multiboxing as a player progresses through the game might make it difficult to choose which one to role play.

However, developing a lore built around a character can be good for a laugh or two, but could also help Eve player corporations in shaping a shared identity and even aid in recruitment.

An Amarr character, Max Singularity, who acquired the moniker the “Space Pope” after appearing at an Eve community event some years ago in reverend’s garb has taken the mantle of Amarr lore into his alliance, Sixth Empire. A lighter side is long overdue for this race as the Amarr have a pretty bleak (even by Eve standards) backstory consisting mainly of generations of slave-taking, forced religious conversions, and trying to armor tank the Jovians while attempting to convert them to the one true faith.

The space pope is of keen interest to many players and a regular fixture of EVE community events. Perhaps it is because of his fascinating backstory and a real-life job at NASA that EN24 did an interview with him as far back as 2015, though his costume has since grown in splendor, as has his entourage.

Upon learning that his Holiness would be officiating an Amarr wedding, this author spoke with him, attended as usual by a member of his entourage.

And yes, as any good Amarr pilot would, this author bent the knee to receive his blessing. When speaking about his in-game activities, his Holiness’ eyes shone with a fire worthy of a servant of the Amarr Empire who was once addressed directly by recently deceased Amarr Empress Jamyl Sarum. Yet, he adopted a more tender tone when speaking about his efforts in preventing suicides among eve players via the “broadcast for reps” phenomenon. The wedding ceremony, which despite the fact that much of the party at times was visibly struggling to keep a straight face, was a very nice example of how two players forged a bond of love in the crucible that is eve. Whether or not there was a grain of truth in the backstory of a Gallente who chased down a super-rare implant to become genetically Amarr and then become adopted into Max Singularity’s alliance, Sixth Empire, in order to meet the requirements to be with his love we leave up to the reader to decide. On behalf of the EN24 team, we wish the couple the very best as they embark on a long and happy life together.

Photos courtesy of Sebastian Fisscher of eve.pics

2,080 Comments

1. I wish to show my gratitude for your kindness for individuals that require guidance on this one subject matter. Your very own dedication to getting the message all around appears to be really good and has in every case empowered ladies much like me to realize their objectives. Your personal invaluable help and advice indicates much to me and somewhat more to my colleagues. Thanks a lot; from all of us.

June 13, 2019 at 16:53 Reply
  2. How long does a copyright last on newspaper articles?. . If a service copies newspapers articles and then posts it in a database on the Internet, is there also a copyright on the Internet content?.

June 13, 2019 at 17:04 Reply
  3. thank you web site admin

June 13, 2019 at 21:58 Reply
  4. thank you web site admin

June 13, 2019 at 22:46 Reply
  5. Just how do i add 3rd party widgets to complimentary wordpress blog sites?

June 13, 2019 at 23:53 Reply
  6. thank you web site admin

June 14, 2019 at 07:22 Reply
  7. I would like to remove the blogger and designer links on the attribution bar at the bottom of a blogger page. I know its not good to remove it and usually i don’t, but this is a page for a business so it needs to look clean and profesisonal..

June 14, 2019 at 13:23 Reply

June 14, 2019 at 13:26 Reply
  9. thank you web site admin

June 14, 2019 at 14:45 Reply
  10. You made some decent factors there. I appeared on the internet for the issue and found most people will associate with with your website.

June 14, 2019 at 18:10 Reply
  11. Only wanna tell that this is extremely helpful, Thanks for taking your time to write this.

June 14, 2019 at 22:35 Reply
  12. thank you web site admin

June 15, 2019 at 06:48 Reply
  13. I want to express appreciation to you just for rescuing me from this problem. Right after browsing through the online world and obtaining opinions which were not beneficial, I believed my entire life was done. Living devoid of the approaches to the problems you have resolved by means of your good write-up is a critical case, and the ones that would have badly damaged my career if I hadn’t encountered your site. Your good capability and kindness in dealing with all the stuff was helpful. I am not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t come upon such a subject like this. I can at this time look forward to my future. Thank you so much for your high quality and effective guide. I will not think twice to recommend the blog to any individual who would need guidance on this situation.

June 15, 2019 at 10:39 Reply
  14. thank you web site admin

June 15, 2019 at 11:13 Reply
  15. Hello there! This is type of off subject but I need to have some guidance from an established website. Is it difficult to set up your private website? I’m not really techincal but I can figure issues out pretty rapid. I’m contemplating about generating my own but I’m not sure exactly where to start. Do you have any points or ideas? Numerous many thanks

June 15, 2019 at 14:20 Reply
  16. thank you web site admin

June 15, 2019 at 14:29 Reply
  17. thank you web site admin

June 15, 2019 at 21:12 Reply
  18. I’m not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this information for my mission.

June 16, 2019 at 02:27 Reply
  19. I am not very superb with English but I find this very easygoing to translate.

June 16, 2019 at 09:29 Reply
  20. It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it!

June 16, 2019 at 12:36 Reply
  21. thank you web site admin

June 16, 2019 at 14:33 Reply
  22. You made some respectable points there. I seemed on the web for the issue and found most people will go together with along with your website.

June 16, 2019 at 14:39 Reply
  23. thank you web site admin

June 16, 2019 at 16:10 Reply
  24. thank you web site admin

June 16, 2019 at 23:20 Reply
  25. It’s my opinion that a foreclosures can have a important effect on the borrower’s life. Real estate foreclosures can have a 7 to decade negative effect on a applicant’s credit report. A new borrower who’s applied for a home loan or virtually any loans for that matter, knows that the worse credit rating will be, the more challenging it is to have a decent mortgage. In addition, it may affect any borrower’s ability to find a respectable place to let or hire, if that gets to be the alternative houses solution. Thanks for your blog post.

June 17, 2019 at 06:40 Reply
  26. You made some decent factors there. I appeared on the internet for the issue and found most people will associate with with your website.

June 17, 2019 at 07:42 Reply
  27. Hi there this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

June 17, 2019 at 08:26 Reply
  28. Only wanna tell that this is extremely helpful, Thanks for taking your time to write this.

June 17, 2019 at 11:41 Reply
  29. I’m not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this information for my mission.

June 17, 2019 at 12:17 Reply
  30. I want to express appreciation to you just for rescuing me from this problem. Right after browsing through the online world and obtaining opinions which were not beneficial, I believed my entire life was done. Living devoid of the approaches to the problems you have resolved by means of your good write-up is a critical case, and the ones that would have badly damaged my career if I hadn’t encountered your site. Your good capability and kindness in dealing with all the stuff was helpful. I am not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t come upon such a subject like this. I can at this time look forward to my future. Thank you so much for your high quality and effective guide. I will not think twice to recommend the blog to any individual who would need guidance on this situation.

June 17, 2019 at 15:26 Reply