Today around 7 PM EVE time, a Naglfar dreadnought was caught on the Berta gate in the Bekirdod system (Derelik region) and quickly assaulted by an 11-strong Purple Helmeted Warriors [PHEW] capital fleet, aka the infamous REKKINGCREW…

Not world-shaking news, except for the stunning drop from its ship hangar: the Naglfar was carrying not only multiple relatively expensively fit T3 cruisers, but also… an AT XIV prize ship: a Caedes covert ops frigate.

The Caedes is an ultra-rare ship – with only 50 having been awarded to the top 4 teams in AT XIV – and with bonuses to scanning, nosferatus, neuts, webs and small energy turrets, it is worth around 120 billion ISK according to Zkillboard, perhaps slightly less than that in reality. In fact, it seems to be up for sale already (EVE-O Forums) for the handsome sum of 95 billion ISK, although we weren’t able to confirm the veracity of this sale offer.

To compound things, the owner of this AT ship TehEbil1 recently made headlines for being the first major (well, at least the most notorious) victim of the new PvE sites featuring Eosian Inquisitors, a new type of NPCs that did not show up on his overview. CCP reimbursed his Caedes and reinstated its 169 kill marks, according to news reports. But now, it is lost again.

We talked to Tela Port who got the initial tackle on the unlucky Naglfar, to get some more details:

So what happened exactly? Did you plan this, or was it more of a lucky break?

“It was totally unexpected, really. We’d shot this guy trying to cyno into another system, so when he moved into Bekirdod I followed him. He then cyno’d into the system and was tethered on a structure. I warped to zero on his cyno and he must have panicked, because he warped to the highsec gate.”

He warped his dread to a highsec gate by mistake? Even though you can’t jump capitals into highsec?

“Yes, so I warped to the gate when I saw him do that and made sure I got tackle on him when he landed. He instantly offered me a ransom, so I got a couple billion out of him as well… and then my PHEW buddies killed him.”

I can just imagine the surprise when you guys looted that wreck…

“Yeah, some lunch break!”

Gracious in his loss, TehEbil1 of Tuskers also took the time to give his take on the events:

“Well, I had been meaning to use another lowsec system – just 2 jumps away – which had an NPC system as the midway, but that had a guy in a Rupture popping cynos. So I got a bit lazy and didn’t properly doublecheck the alternative midway.”

And in that other system – you found someone waiting for you?

“Pretty much, yeah. A well played trap from the Crew’s end. I had noticed an Anathema getting a bit too curious about my Nag for comfort, so I got spooked and made the wrong decision: rather than wait for them to drop the tether rights, I opted to try my luck with a warp. And of course, it is a lowsec pocket… so that was just me being complacent and the Rekkingcrew playing it well.

I thought I might try offering a randsom, 1.5 billion ISK, on the off chance they though this was just a random Naglfar they had caught – given the circumstances that would have been a steal.”

So what went through your mind when you saw that point landing?

“Just acceptance basically, I had already lost the ship once before which probably helped me in accepting the situation. After all, I had just screwed up inside a game and the situation was now outside of my control.”

We all know that feeling, I guess – but maybe not at that scale…

“That Caedes was just a tool in the toolbox for me – a bit of a special tool, but a tool nonetheless. At this point I just hope whoever looted it did not actually repackage it. I would prefer for those kill marks to stay in the game at least. In the end it’s all part of a solo PvPers life, ganks do happen to any ship in the end. I just wish luck for the next owner of the ship – hopefully it won’t go zombie for a third time!”

1. One thing I would like to say is that before buying more computer memory, consider the machine within which it would be installed. In the event the machine is actually running Windows XP, for instance, the memory ceiling is 3.25GB. Using greater than this would simply constitute just a waste. Make sure one’s motherboard can handle the upgrade volume, as well. Interesting blog post.

July 16, 2018 at 20:39 Reply
  2. I have learned some new things by your web site. One other thing I’d really like to say is the fact that newer laptop operating systems tend to allow much more memory to be utilized, but they likewise demand more memory simply to perform. If someone’s computer is unable to handle more memory along with the newest application requires that ram increase, it can be the time to buy a new Laptop or computer. Thanks

July 16, 2018 at 20:57 Reply
  3. I have learned newer and more effective things by your blog site. One other thing I’d prefer to say is the fact that newer laptop or computer operating systems tend to allow much more memory to be played with, but they furthermore demand more memory simply to function. If your computer could not handle additional memory as well as the newest application requires that ram increase, it is usually the time to buy a new Laptop or computer. Thanks

July 16, 2018 at 22:12 Reply
  4. Thanks for your posting. I also believe that laptop computers are becoming more and more popular lately, and now in many cases are the only sort of computer included in a household. This is due to the fact that at the same time that they are becoming more and more economical, their processing power is growing to the point where there’re as potent as pc’s out of just a few in years past.

July 16, 2018 at 23:15 Reply
  5. The things i have seen in terms of pc memory is that there are specific features such as SDRAM, DDR or anything else, that must fit in with the requirements of the motherboard. If the personal computer’s motherboard is kind of current while there are no operating system issues, upgrading the storage space literally requires under a couple of hours. It’s one of several easiest computer system upgrade processes one can consider. Thanks for revealing your ideas.

July 17, 2018 at 02:26 Reply
  6. I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don’t know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already 😉 Cheers!|

July 17, 2018 at 03:23 Reply
  7. I have seen plenty of useful items on your web page about computer systems. However, I’ve the viewpoint that laptops are still more or less not powerful more than enough to be a good choice if you typically do tasks that require a great deal of power, such as video enhancing. But for net surfing, statement processing, and a lot other frequent computer work they are fine, provided you cannot mind the small screen size. Thank you sharing your ideas.

July 17, 2018 at 04:47 Reply
  8. I blog often and I really appreciate your information. The article has truly peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark your blog and keep checking for new details about once per week. I subscribed to your RSS feed too.|

July 17, 2018 at 11:56 Reply
  9. Hi, its nice piece of writing on the topic of media print, we all be familiar with media is a great source of data.|

July 17, 2018 at 22:28 Reply
  10. Great blog post. Things i would like to add is that personal computer memory needs to be purchased should your computer can’t cope with anything you do along with it. One can add two RAM boards containing 1GB each, as an example, but not certainly one of 1GB and one of 2GB. One should always check the manufacturer’s documentation for the PC to ensure what type of storage is required.

July 18, 2018 at 02:26 Reply
  11. I have really learned newer and more effective things via your site. One other thing I would really like to say is that newer laptop operating systems usually allow much more memory for use, but they in addition demand more storage simply to operate. If someone’s computer is unable to handle much more memory and also the newest software requires that memory increase, it usually is the time to buy a new Computer. Thanks

July 18, 2018 at 09:14 Reply
  12. Today, considering the fast chosen lifestyle that everyone leads, credit cards get this amazing demand in the economy. Persons out of every area of life are using the credit card and people who aren’t using the card have made up their minds to apply for 1. Thanks for giving your ideas in credit cards.

July 20, 2018 at 03:39 Reply
  13. Today, with the fast life style that everyone leads, credit cards have a big demand throughout the market. Persons coming from every arena are using the credit card and people who aren’t using the credit cards have made arrangements to apply for one in particular. Thanks for expressing your ideas on credit cards.

July 20, 2018 at 06:26 Reply
  14. Today, considering the fast way of living that everyone is having, credit cards get this amazing demand throughout the economy. Persons coming from every area of life are using the credit card and people who not using the card have prepared to apply for even one. Thanks for expressing your ideas on credit cards.

July 20, 2018 at 09:43 Reply
  15. One thing is that often one of the most prevalent incentives for applying your credit cards is a cash-back and also rebate offer. Generally, you will get 1-5% back upon various expenses. Depending on the credit cards, you may get 1% back again on most acquisitions, and 5% again on expenses made going to convenience stores, gasoline stations, grocery stores in addition to ‘member merchants’.

July 20, 2018 at 13:17 Reply