Empyrean Chronicles Artwork – Credit Gabriel Cassata

During my first days as a capsuleer in New Eden I scoured the forums and Eve related sites happily consuming both the official and fan fiction of New Eden. Trying to understand the massive stories of Eve and how they all fit together was important to me. I needed to understand the bigger living universe in order to help frame my place in it as I started my journey. In the years since I have consumed the continued contributions to the grand lore of Eve when ever they were published. On Friday, June 10th the rich stories and lore of New Eden received a much anticipated addition as Rixx Javix’s site Eveoganda.com released a free to download electronic book, Empyrean Chronicles.

For the last thirteen years that universe has thrived on the single shared server of Eve Online. It is at once imaginary and very real, a shared neighbourhood of death, destruction, chaos, creation and insanity – the largest living work of science-fiction the world has ever known. This vital, living place continues to inspire a global community of writers, artists, and creative people of all types. Story-tellers that feel compelled and inspired to weave tales both true and imagined, spun from the cloth that unfolds for them in the darkness of space. It is these visionaries for whom this volume was created, a place for them to share their tales. A collection of fan-fiction directly from the vast community of Eve Online players. -Excerpt from Empyrean Chronicles by Rixx Javix

Rixx Javix has been contributing to the community of Eve by working on a myriad of projects for over the last 7 years. He started playing the game in 2008 and runs the largest pirate corporation, Stay Frosty, in the game while serving as the Alliance Executor for A Band Apart. He has has also been running the Eveoganda blog site since 2010; has designed, created, and provided thousands of pieces of Eve based artwork, logos, posters, and other assorted items; and recently started a podcast called ‘After Hours’ at Crossing Zebras.

Rixx stated the goal was to “provide a quality, well-designed showcase of artistic talent from the Eve community, for free, to everyone.” He further explained the genesis of the book:

The idea for the book came to me about two years ago when I was reading a piece of Eve fiction on a blog. And I wrote the idea down in my project list as something I might like to do sometime in the future. Last Fall I wrote a blog post about it on Eveoganda and spread the word on Tweetfleet and on Slack, looking for submissions. My good friend Gabriel Cassata agreed to let me use his Blood Raider portrait painting as the cover image and submissions started rolling in. I asked my friends Drackarn, General Stargazer and Mord Fiddle to serve as my co-editors and we got started working on the stories as they came in. It should have taken about three months to finish, but it took twice as long due to real life issues and other projects. The timing worked out perfectly however, as I was able to snag some great new art from Gabriel for the interior, as well as finish a few extra illustrations that I was working on.

The book, at least 5,000 downloads in the first 24 hours, has been well received by readers. As a result of the surge of downloads Eveoganda added more download sources to support demand.  Rixx plans to do 2 of these anthologies a year and as such a new call for new submissions sill be going out soon. When asked about the next book he said:

So far the feedback has been incredible and I’m very excited about the project. I can’t wait to get started on the next one.

The book is available for download here. The compilation of stories written by the players themselves continues Eve’s great history of the players themselves truly crafting the sandbox that we all inhabit. The artwork and stories contained within Empyrean Chronicles is destined to become another staple in every Eve players library.

1. I think this is among the most important info for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

May 7, 2019 at 03:56 Reply
  2. Have positive expectations. Most men expect to be shut out and they look for things that prove that reality. If you expect positive results and know to look for them then you will create a strong psychological framework and she will notice. If you want to learn how to talk to women in absolutely any circumstance then you need to do this each and every time.

May 7, 2019 at 11:36 Reply
  3. By making these small changes, you can keep more money in your wallet. Money that can be tucked away for a family vacation, your child’s education or your retirement.

May 8, 2019 at 23:28 Reply
  4. Great write-up, I am regular visitor of one¡¦s blog, maintain up the excellent operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor for a long time.

May 9, 2019 at 03:03 Reply
  5. As I site possessor I believe the content material here is rattling magnificent , appreciate it for your efforts. You should keep it up forever! Good Luck.

May 9, 2019 at 03:04 Reply
  6. Hello. remarkable job. I did not expect this. This is a fantastic story. Thanks!

May 9, 2019 at 03:04 Reply
  7. It¡¦s actually a nice and helpful piece of information. I¡¦m happy that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

May 9, 2019 at 03:04 Reply
  8. You completed a few nice points there. I did a search on the issue and found nearly all folks will agree with your blog.

May 9, 2019 at 03:11 Reply
  9. I do believe all of the ideas you’ve offered for your post. They are very convincing and will definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are very short for starters. May you please lengthen them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.

May 10, 2019 at 03:19 Reply
  10. excellent points altogether, you simply won a logo new reader. What might you suggest about your put up that you made a few days in the past? Any certain?

May 10, 2019 at 03:33 Reply
  11. We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable information to work on. You’ve done an impressive job and our entire community will be grateful to you.

May 10, 2019 at 03:41 Reply
  12. Thanks on your curiosity in Investment Advice.

May 14, 2019 at 05:22 Reply
  13. I need to gain a little additional money as well as I am a really opinionated individual so I seem like writing blogs would certainly be a good begin to making some extra cash money. I am a full-time college student and I also have a $20 hour a week work but I am still having problems making ends fulfill. Thanks for any kind of aid!.

May 15, 2019 at 01:27 Reply
  14. My brother suggested I might like this website. He was entirely right. This post truly made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

May 15, 2019 at 14:12 Reply
  15. My brother recommended I might like this website. He was entirely right. This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

May 15, 2019 at 15:09 Reply
  16. I as well as my pals appeared to be examining the great things found on your web page and suddenly I got a horrible feeling I had not expressed respect to you for them. Most of the guys appeared to be for that reason happy to read through all of them and already have honestly been enjoying those things. Appreciate your genuinely indeed kind as well as for figuring out certain outstanding subject areas millions of individuals are really needing to be aware of. My very own honest regret for not expressing appreciation to earlier.

May 20, 2019 at 20:13 Reply
  17. Thus , merely by make use of items the whole thing, the whole planet could be described as delivered electronically a little bit more. In which sometimes holds the particular And also carbon definitely pumped back to conditions over these manufacturing debt settlements. daily deal livingsocial discount baltimore washington

May 21, 2019 at 16:43 Reply
  18. Hello, its fastidious article on the topic of media print, we all know media is a great source of facts.

May 22, 2019 at 01:48 Reply