As with life, Eve is filled with all kinds of people. And as with life, ultimately, very little is ‘fair’.

Many are carebears, happy to go out of their way to help another internet spaceship pilot. Some are happy getting carried along in small gangs or large fleet warfare, or lead them in some capacity. And some go far out of their way to harvest the tears of other players at every opportunity. There are few rules in Eve, and the strong have every opportunity to prey on the weak. With this in mind, I present my latest piece for EN24… who are the biggest bastards in Eve?

Eve Mogul
Eve Mogul is a hopelessly addicted Eve trader, general misfit, and the creator of Eve’s best structured video trading guides. Get more information here, and for trader tips; twitter.com/evemogul

1. BitterVet

I love this. LOL. Best part is, hundreds are leaving or start then quit within 1 to 2 months. Good to see people leaving eve. The more that leave, the better.

June 16, 2015 at 18:13 Reply
    1. BitterVet

One of the funniest is seeing someone rage quit eve. I like seeing people quit eve, its so funny, and very fulfilling to watch.

June 16, 2015 at 18:18 Reply
      1. whatyoureallymeant
        June 16, 2015 at 18:44 Reply
      2. Ancalimon

Sick puppy.

June 18, 2015 at 15:47 Reply
    2. oink

herp derpin lod derpin herpderp burp….

June 16, 2015 at 20:20 Reply
    3. dichzor

and the morale of the GP post is, do remember to take your meds

June 17, 2015 at 08:40 Reply
  2. Triage

Most gankers / high sec war dec’ers are annoying but funny, a lot of them have loss after loss in low / null sec, so they feel they can be men again by going after unsuspecting miners or new players, get their Epeen working again. But all the destruction they helps to drive the market when people replace them lost ships and mods. Scammers are just annoying, can’t go to any trade hub without seeing their crap in local. Traders, if they want to sit in a station to watch the market all day to undercut everyone by 0.01 isk, hey go for it.

To me the biggest bastards are the ones that feel, their way of playing eve is the only way and any other way they blast to no end. I have heard so many say they gank miners cause Eve was ment to be PVP and they all belong in low / null sec. But if that were the case, who would make the ships they fly or mods they fit on them? And how many of them have incursion running alts so they can keep on pvping?

June 16, 2015 at 18:39 Reply
    1. Sylphinja the Dark Rose

Those people are basically saying “Why grow corn if I can just buy it in Wall-mart?”

June 18, 2015 at 12:17 Reply
  3. Chris Shimeld

This is trading/scamming/ganking all in 1 =)D

June 16, 2015 at 18:46 Reply
  4. Chris Shimeld
    June 16, 2015 at 18:47 Reply
    1. Alison King

hmm they look like trade prices to me , i got 6 frieghters last 2 months for 1.4 mill or less 🙂

June 16, 2015 at 22:07 Reply
  5. Provi Miner

hmm obviously someone hasn’t been paying attention. Gankers do more to keep people in the game than any other group. CCP says that their numbers suggest that people who get blown up early in eve tend to stick around more than those who don’t. Hence Ganking is our number 1 retention method right now.

When people ask for my advice about eve I say this:

don’t plan on anything in specific be very open to new things

jump into null or low sec as fast as you can, the longer you stay away from it the more scary it becomes (as does your risk as implants, and ships are not cheap)

Die early, die often and get used to it.

And if possible blow someone else up

you do those 4 things and you will find that what you thought and what is are two vastly different things.

June 17, 2015 at 15:04 Reply
    1. bankbar

that’s not a logical deduction, Provi-bro. You’re assuming ganks are the method in which all these new players who stick around are losing their ships.
      It could be from fleet fights because they already had friends established in Eve and joined up with them, or were just the out-going type to jump into a corp right away.
      It could be from militia war, cause they thought it’d be fun (and righteous) to take space away from the Minmatars.
      It could be from dual invites.

June 17, 2015 at 17:51 Reply
      1. Provi Miner

I have considered that, but I doubt. take an under 3 month old toon all who are killed (assuming this is their very first exposure to eve) the most likely form of death is the gank. I am sure some fall into those other categories, but I would be most of those are “old players new accounts” New player new accounts I would say is most likely “auto pilot” “mining” “hauler” ganks than anything else.

June 18, 2015 at 19:23 Reply