Comments

A few days ago, I posted a small article in hopes of alerting people to the danger posed by Bling-fit Syndrome. Sadly, there are still those pilots out there suffering from BFS. Caring pilots across New Eden are taking up the banner and bringing attention to this malady. Today, Sam Raymond contacted me with the details of an intervention he and his friends held for a BFS victim.

avatar_derelik

Click for Killmail

Me: So start me off. Where were you when this happened and what were you doing there?

Sam: I’d just logged in and undocked from Madirmilire warped to the Niarja gate and had been there roughly 3 minutes, No other marmite were near apart from magic preacher who was on comms but chilled in station. I spot the tengu landing with a neutral alt

Me: Was this a gate camp, trap or just happy coinciedence?

Sam: Happy coincidence, I solo roam and rarely gate camp. I tackle him and proceed to attempt a bump, but he’s not re-approaching gate, not directly anyway. He writes in local “Aleksei Zukov > not with your shit tier DPS, sorry”. Eventually after about 30 seconds of showing off his repping capability he’s burning back to gate.

Me: Were you at war with this guy’s corp? I assume so, since you are in Marmite and I think you may very well be at war with everyone. Just how many wars are you guys in right now?

Sam: We have 157 active wars going at the moment. Yes, the war was in the closing few hours. The kill happened at 22:40, war ends at 01:21.

Me: Rough timing for that poor bastard. If my CEO has said it once, he has said it a hundred times, Stay out of the hubs and trade lanes when we are at war. I don’t always listen of course because sometimes I run out of whiskey and that dog just won’t hunt.

Me: So did you put out a call on the Marmite phone?

Sam: Not at this time, funnily and luckily enough an old friend i flew with very closely before about 1 year ago is sat in a neutral ganking thrasher and has seen me tackle this and proceeds to scan its fit. He valued it quickly at 16 billion.

Sam: I’ve called on ts that i need magic preacher assistance to ping pong this guy the otherside of the gate, not knowing yet its worth, I knew he was fast probably 100mn but not blingy. Once I get the scan intel from my buddy, I’m screaming alert in Alliance chat and teamspeak.

Sam: I didn’t know he was cloaky at this point so we were going to ping pong him, none the less the gnosis lands and tackles him the otherside, tengu burns back into Niarja and into me. This is where he cloaks and proceeds to taunt in local saying, “aren’t you persistent.”

Me: So the guys is cloaked and talking shit. How did you get him out from under the cloak?

Sam: I jumped from Niarja to Kaap and he followed as there is no stations in Niarja, once in Kaap i warped my alt to Kamio gate and my main to Inaro, at this point about 5 marmite are decending from Uedama to Inaro. About five minutes pass and he decides to jump into Inaro where he’s met with a few frigates, myself and a vexor. He didn’t cloak in time. I was able to lock him with 1100 scan res from a dual sebo cynabal i fly. Then we landed a few nice bumps and a hugin comes from 3 jumps away. As more time passes a few more marmite land on field, mostly in frigates, he’s tanking us really well, EFT estimates with crystals he’d be around 4k sustained.

Sam: The video starts from after bumps have landed, we managed to get him 30km off gate with about 5 or more points and multiple webs

Me: Let’s see the poignant video of this Darwinism in action.

Me: Nice, clearly he is suffering from Blingfit Syndrome. It was so nice you you guys to put so much into that intervention. Maybem in time, he will seek treatment.

Sam: The best part was the taunting before hand, “[22:19:30] Aleksei Zukov > sorry guys, you just aren’t that good.”

Me: He should have ready my article on smack talk. Rules 1 through 3 clearly state: “Don’t be a dumbass”

Sam: In the end he was capped out by one medium and one small nuet. He was dead either way as we had seven Curses about 14 jumps out. Lot’s of people burned there in frigates for fear of missing out on the kill mail.

Me: I certainly would have whored on it given the opportunity. Whoring is good.

Sam: We were expecting a BL fleet to land any moment to bail him out so we were doing all we could to break his tank as fast as possible. In the end it all worked out.

Me: Well done, Sam, next round is on me.

NOTE: I have sent an email to Aleksei Zukov to get his comments regarding the article but as of the time of publicatin, I have gotten no replies. Additionally, I have reached out to Dixon Cox Butte Preservation Society CEO, BoodaBooda but again no reply as of yet. I will update in comments section should either party respond.

1. Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

December 27, 2018 at 19:19 Reply
  2. You can certainly see your skills within the paintings you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe. At all times go after your heart.

January 2, 2019 at 23:09 Reply
  3. I am not positive where you’re getting your info, however great topic. I must spend a while finding out much more or working out more. Thank you for great information I used to be in search of this information for my mission.

January 2, 2019 at 23:11 Reply
  4. A lot of thanks for all your hard work on this web site. Kim really loves participating in internet research and it’s really easy to see why. All of us hear all concerning the dynamic ways you produce practical things on the blog and welcome contribution from the others on this concern then my princess is now being taught a whole lot. Take pleasure in the rest of the new year. You’re the one conducting a really great job.

January 2, 2019 at 23:15 Reply
  5. I want to point out my affection for your generosity supporting those people who actually need help on your concept. Your personal commitment to passing the message all through had been astonishingly interesting and has all the time encouraged people just like me to achieve their endeavors. Your amazing insightful tutorial signifies a great deal a person like me and additionally to my mates. With thanks; from each one of us.

January 2, 2019 at 23:22 Reply
  6. Hey, you used to write wonderful, but the last several posts have been kinda boring¡K I miss your super writings. Past few posts are just a little bit out of track! come on!

January 3, 2019 at 04:57 Reply
  7. I enjoy you because of your whole effort on this website. Kate loves carrying out investigation and it is easy to understand why. All of us notice all of the compelling form you produce powerful information by means of the website and as well attract contribution from visitors about this matter so my princess is without a doubt starting to learn a whole lot. Have fun with the rest of the new year. Your conducting a great job.

January 3, 2019 at 05:34 Reply
  8. I am so happy to read this. This is the type of manual that needs to be given and not the accidental misinformation that is at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc.

January 3, 2019 at 05:34 Reply
  9. I wish to show my love for your generosity in support of women who actually need guidance on your concern. Your real commitment to passing the message throughout became certainly powerful and have always enabled those much like me to attain their goals. Your personal important guideline denotes a great deal to me and substantially more to my office colleagues. Best wishes; from each one of us.

January 3, 2019 at 05:36 Reply
  10. I have been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this site. Thanks , I¡¦ll try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?

January 4, 2019 at 01:14 Reply
  11. You are a very capable individual!

January 6, 2019 at 07:30 Reply
  12. I am just commenting to let you understand what a terrific encounter my friend’s girl encountered reading your webblog. She figured out a lot of things, with the inclusion of how it is like to possess an amazing giving style to let many people with no trouble understand several extremely tough matters. You truly exceeded readers’ desires. Many thanks for providing such valuable, dependable, explanatory and in addition unique tips on this topic to Tanya.

January 10, 2019 at 10:27 Reply
  13. Nice read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

January 10, 2019 at 10:27 Reply
  14. As a Newbie, I am permanently exploring online for articles that can benefit me. Thank you

January 10, 2019 at 10:28 Reply
  15. Great work! This is the type of information that are supposed to be shared around the web. Shame on the seek engines for no longer positioning this post higher! Come on over and talk over with my website . Thank you =)

January 10, 2019 at 10:49 Reply
  16. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.

January 10, 2019 at 10:56 Reply
  17. Just want to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness in your post is simply great and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.

January 10, 2019 at 11:06 Reply