Comments

In a few months the city of Reykjavik will be the recipient of that most cherished of EVE activities, the Hot Drop. This March thousands of eager EVE faithful will gather to meet and mingle with friends of foes alike, talk serious spaceships, and most importantly, drink themselves silly. The pub crawl is a great chance to get to know both your fellow players and the DEVs and should not be missed. I caught up with CCP Ruffige who is a PR Specialist for CCP and a native Icelander. He was kind enough to share some information about this most magical event.

The pub crawl will begin around 8:00 PM and continue as long as there are pilots with the fortitude to left to raise another glass. There are fifteen different bars involved with the event. Pilots will be divided into several groups with each group being given a route which include four to six locations. The ancient legends speak of a grand hero who will one-day sample all fifteen bars in a single night. Perhaps this will be the year the legendary hero will reveal him or herself. CCP Guard is said to be the best drinker among the DEVs so those pilots who fancy themselves to be stalwart partiers should put his metal to the test.

It is important when traveling to show respect for the local culture and traditions of the host nation. The national drink of Iceland is a schnapps known as Brennivín, also called “Black Death.”  It is made from fermented grain or potato mash and flavored with caraway and cumin. Failing to sample this delicious treat while in Iceland is like going to Scotland and not sampling some single malt. You may never forgive yourself. If you are looking for local dishes to pair with your Brennivín, may I suggest some Hákarl or Svið. Should you over-do the evening’s drinking here is a handy phrase to remember. “Mér þykir þetta mjög leitt með skóna þína, ég vona að þú náir þessu af””

Translation; “I am sorry about your shoes, I hope that will clean off.”

If the morning finds you suffering the agonies of a hangover, the traditional Icelandic cure for this is “Ein með öllu” at Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur. This will see you served up with a hot dog with everything.  You can also ask for a “Clinton” which gets you hot dog in a bun, with mustard only. The dish is named after President Bill Clinton who, to Icelanders dismay, refused to go for the traditional “One with everything” when he visited this Reykjavik landmark a few years back.  Apparently, Icelanders freakin’ love hotdogs! I guess when option B is fermented shark meat or a sheep’s head some tubular mystery meat buried in condiments might not be such a bad choice. Remember, that which does not kill you, makes you stronger and pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Fanfest is certainly a bucket list item for all true EVE loyalists and the pub crawl should be a significant part of every pilot’s Fanfest experience. Sadly, I will not be able to attend this year’s as my tendency to run a personal pub crawl on a nightly basis keeps my wallet empty. I look forward to hearing and watching the goings on and I am certain my fellow pilots will represent us all with honor.

Your drinking buddy,

Rupert

1,566 Comments

1. I’m still learning from you, as I’m making my way to the top as well. I definitely enjoy reading all that is posted on your site.Keep the stories coming. I enjoyed it!

January 2, 2019 at 16:35 Reply
  2. Hey, you used to write magnificent, but the last several posts have been kinda boring¡K I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a bit out of track! come on!

January 2, 2019 at 20:37 Reply
  3. Whats Going down i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It absolutely helpful and it has helped me out loads. I’m hoping to give a contribution & assist other users like its aided me. Great job.

January 2, 2019 at 21:20 Reply
  4. Thanks a lot for giving everyone an exceptionally marvellous opportunity to check tips from this site. It is always so kind plus packed with amusement for me and my office fellow workers to search your blog not less than 3 times in 7 days to find out the new guidance you will have. And of course, I’m so actually satisfied for the gorgeous principles you give. Selected 1 points in this article are honestly the best I have ever had.

January 4, 2019 at 03:05 Reply
  5. Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this post is amazing, great written and include approximately all important infos. I¡¦d like to peer more posts like this .

January 6, 2019 at 08:18 Reply
  6. Hi, Neat post. There is a problem along with your website in internet explorer, could check this¡K IE still is the marketplace leader and a big element of other people will pass over your excellent writing due to this problem.

January 9, 2019 at 23:29 Reply
  7. Thanks , I have just been searching for information about this subject for a long time and yours is the best I’ve discovered so far. However, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you positive in regards to the source?

January 9, 2019 at 23:31 Reply
  8. Great paintings! That is the kind of info that are meant to be shared around the net. Shame on Google for no longer positioning this put up higher! Come on over and talk over with my web site . Thanks =)

January 9, 2019 at 23:50 Reply
  9. Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the web the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people consider worries that they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

January 10, 2019 at 00:08 Reply
  10. I couldnt resist commenting. Very well written! thanks from health tips in english – http://www.healthinputs.com/children-must-not-take-6-tbps-sugar/

January 14, 2019 at 17:03 Reply
  11. Yes! Finally somethingsomeone writes about keyword1.

January 15, 2019 at 16:09 Reply
  12. ReallyActuallyIn factTrulyGenuinely no matter ifwhen someone doesn’t understandknowbe aware of thenafter thatafterward its up to other userspeopleviewersvisitors that they will helpassist, so here it happensoccurstakes place.

January 16, 2019 at 02:21 Reply