Comments

A hotdropping Hel pilot just fell victim to his own greed.

Earlier, two Fidelas Constans carriers, one piloted by Swistak Orbis from the CBC Interstellar corporation were busy fighting the good fight against evil guristas pirates, when a neutral pilot appeared in local. Now, ratting in a carrier with a neutral in local is crazy, especially after the warp speed changes introduced a few months ago. As expected a lonely Arazu uncloaked and attempted to tackle the pair carriers – one escaped. The Arazu opened a cyno, and in came a Hel Super Carrier piloted by Adwokat Diabla which started pounding the helpless Thanatos into oblivion – the sort of supercap drop with Pandemic Legion’s signature written all over it – leading to present speculation that the hel was an alt of Lelob. And, as fast as the neutrals came in, the Thanatos went down. In a matter of minutes it was nothing more than dust:

[ Thanatos Killmail ]

Hell has three gates: lust, anger, and greed

With the killmail under his belt, the Hel warped out to a safespot to loiter long enough to recharge its capacitor for the trip back. Then greed hit in. What followed was best described by the Hel pilot himself in a reddit thread:

So I’ve had my walk, I’ve started on a bottle of moscato wine and the humour of this loss is starting to settle in. I’ll start the story off a few days ago where I attempted to fish some ratters up in Branch, but I made the mistake of using t1 frigs instead of covops frigs. The problem here was that I was camping beacons and tried dropping on a rorqual but the t1 frig had too long of a cloaking delay to tackle the rorqual, so I figured I would wait until I could fly bombers, which have no cloaking delay. I should point out that I tried dropping a rorqual, hi5’d it with my hel and watched it warp off, and then watched as they tried to fish me out and kill me. They weren’t very good at it so I figured it was not a big deal.

Fast forward to today where I had all my covert ops frigs trained up. I set up on various beacons to wait for jump freighters and noticed that once again they were trying to counter-fish me. This is not such a big deal if you’re dealing with people who don’t know what they’re doing and you realize what they are doing and how to try and counter you. I felt confident that it would not be a problem to me. So today, I went and found 2 carriers ratting in an anom together and dropped them and went and killed one. The second one warped off, because I only had one point fitted to my hel. I looted the wreck and was surprised to see only one drone control unit in it, but I figured that was all I was going to get so I warped off in to a safe to cap up and jump out. As I was sitting in my safe, I decided that I should look at the killboard after my kill to see what I actually blew up, because the whole business with the wreck confused me. To my surprise I killed a really decently fit ratting carrier, and I started talking with some friends to figure out what had happened. I realized that the loot from the carrier that I had killed was stuck inside of a mobile tractor unit. It felt pretty stupid after I had just cleanly killed a carrier, while being counter-fished (Let’s face it, they weren’t very good at it) to think of going back, so I decided to CHOOSE A LIFELINE and ask a friend. The advice I got was:

(12:24:28 AM) Adwokat: all the loot is in the mobile tractor
(12:24:32 AM) Adwokat: should i bother going for it?
(12:24:51 AM) Friend: ya just bm
(12:24:54 AM) Friend: and go 4 it

So I figured, fuck it, I’m getting my loot.

I warped back into the anom, from my safe, (Yes, I totally had an out-cyno in an empty system ready and waiting to carry me off to safety, as well as my hel being fully capped up) and blew up the tractor beam structure and looted the wreck. I was aligned out to my previous safe, while I was tractoring the loot but then suddenly a flycatcher started to land. I tried to warp off, but with the new warp speed changes, the flycatcher landed and bubbled me before I could actually warp off, and so from there it was downhill.

The morale of the story is I got greedy for loot. And with that I’m off for another glass of wine.
o7

Here is the result:

[ Hel Killmail ]

There is a saying, “The reward is in the risk.” But, the truth is greed is the worst advisers when it comes to assess whether to take a risk or not, as the pilot – who is rumored to be a Pandemic Legion pilot alt – learned the hard way.

1,276 Comments

1. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he just bought me lunch because I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

July 10, 2019 at 22:27 Reply
  2. Very informative article.Really thank you! Awesome.

July 10, 2019 at 22:55 Reply
  3. thank you web site admin

July 11, 2019 at 07:22 Reply
  4. thank you web site admin

July 12, 2019 at 03:45 Reply
  5. Amazing blog layout here. Was it hard creating a nice looking website like this?

July 12, 2019 at 11:25 Reply
  6. I enjoytake pleasure inget pleasure fromappreciatedelight inhave fun withsavorrelishsavour, lead tocauseresult in I foundI discovered exactlyjust what I used to beI was taking a looklookinghaving a look for. You haveYou’ve ended my 4four day longlengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nicegreat day. Bye

July 12, 2019 at 13:13 Reply
  7. How long does a copyright last on newspaper articles?. . If a service copies newspapers articles and then posts it in a database on the Internet, is there also a copyright on the Internet content?.

July 12, 2019 at 15:47 Reply
  8. thank you web site admin

July 13, 2019 at 02:48 Reply
  9. Great deliveryIncredible pointsTouche. GreatOutstandingSolidSound arguments. Keep up the amazinggoodgreat effortworkspirit.

July 13, 2019 at 17:01 Reply
  10. I just want to mention I’m all new to blogs and certainly savored you’re web site. More than likely I’m want to bookmark your site . You surely have good writings. Appreciate it for sharing your web page.

July 14, 2019 at 17:13 Reply
  11. Your positions continually have got a lot of really up to date info. Where do you come up with this? Just saying you are very resourceful. Thanks again

July 14, 2019 at 18:09 Reply
  12. HiWhat’s upHi thereHello friendsmatescolleagues, how is everythingallthe whole thing, and what you wantdesirewish forwould like to say regardingconcerningabouton the topic of this articlepostpiece of writingparagraph, in my view its reallyactuallyin facttrulygenuinely awesomeremarkableamazing fordesigned forin favor ofin support of me.

July 14, 2019 at 21:21 Reply
  13. I like the helpful information you provide in your articles. I?ll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I’m quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

July 15, 2019 at 01:18 Reply
  14. HelloHeyHi there, You haveYou’ve done a greatan excellenta fantastican incredible job. I willI’ll definitelycertainly digg it and personally recommendsuggest to my friends. I amI’m sureconfident they willthey’ll be benefited from this siteweb sitewebsite.

July 15, 2019 at 05:52 Reply
  15. lol. So let me reword this. Thank YOU for the meal!!

July 15, 2019 at 06:37 Reply
  16. There is noticeably a lot to realize about this. I feel you made various good points in features also.

July 15, 2019 at 11:20 Reply
  17. Usually I don at read article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to check out and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, quite nice article.

July 15, 2019 at 16:21 Reply
  18. It as hard to find well-informed people for this subject, however, you seem like you know what you are talking about! Thanks

July 15, 2019 at 18:15 Reply
  19. PrettyAttractive part ofsection ofcomponent toportion ofcomponent ofelement of content. I simplyjust stumbled upon your blogweblogwebsiteweb sitesite and in accession capital to claimto sayto assert that I acquireget in factactually enjoyedloved account your blogweblog posts. Any wayAnyway I’llI will be subscribing for youron yourin yourto your augmentfeeds or evenand even I fulfillmentachievementsuccess you get entry toaccessget right of entry toget admission to consistentlypersistentlyconstantly rapidlyfastquickly.

July 15, 2019 at 19:58 Reply
  20. I amI’m curious to find out what blog systemplatform you have beenyou happen to beyou areyou’re working withutilizingusing? I’m experiencinghaving some minorsmall security problemsissues with my latest sitewebsiteblog and I wouldI’d like to find something more saferisk-freesafeguardedsecure. Do you have any solutionssuggestionsrecommendations?

July 15, 2019 at 20:16 Reply
  21. Amazing blog layout here. Was it hard creating a nice looking website like this?

July 16, 2019 at 04:10 Reply
  22. There isThere’s definatelycertainly a lot toa great deal to know aboutlearn aboutfind out about this subjecttopicissue. I likeI loveI really like all theall of the points you madeyou’ve madeyou have made.

July 16, 2019 at 05:35 Reply