Hello

I made a small announcement last night on the 1.1 live stream but I’m sure many of you missed that so I wanted to make a post to let as many of you know as possible.

We’ve been thinking for awhile about the issue of cost to power ratio for the Sisters of EVE ships, and especially the Nestor. A lot of your feedback has been on this issue, with a large focus on how difficult it is to justify paying the price of the Nestor, and we tend to agree. There are a few reasons we ended up in this position to begin with. The first is that we wanted to set the high sec LP offers for these ships above normal pirate faction LP prices. This still stands and the reason is very simple; you should get a better deal for pirate faction ships when you take the risk of leaving high sec. The second piece, which ties with the first, is that Sisters of EVE LP is very valuable because of demand for Sisters Probe Launchers and implant sets. That means the ISK conversion on ships like the Nestor would never be worthwhile as long as demand for probe launchers was higher, which will likely always be the case. Last, we could have tried to make the Nestor powerful enough to justify the huge price-tag. We really didn’t want to go with this option and create a ship basically in a class of its own which would cause a lot of balance headaches.

So, here’s what we’re going to do:

starting in the next major Rubicon patch (which I don’t have a date for, but is not very far off), Rogue Drones will start occasionally dropping nexus chips which you will be able to trade in at any Sisters of EVE agent for a one-run BPC of either a Nestor, Stratios or Astero. The chips will be called Rogue Drone 46-X Nexus Chip, Rogue Drone 43-X Nexus Chip and Rogue Drone 42-X Nexus Chip respectively, and they will drop at a very similar rate to other pirate faction BPC drops in null sec.

This should provide a nice pressure valve for the prices on Sisters of EVE ships and also give a little boost to the drone regions, two things we are happy about.

Have fun out there and take care of all those new people this weekend

[ Original Dev Post ]

1,024 Comments

1. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give one thing back and help others such as you helped me.

November 16, 2018 at 18:42 Reply
  2. I do trust all the ideas you’ve presented to your post. They’re very convincing and will definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are too short for novices. Could you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

November 16, 2018 at 19:02 Reply
  3. Wonderful blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I’m totally overwhelmed .. Any recommendations? Thanks a lot!

November 16, 2018 at 20:22 Reply
  4. Magnificent web site. Plenty of useful info here. I’m sending it to several friends ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks for your effort!

November 17, 2018 at 00:49 Reply
  5. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic blog. An excellent read. I’ll definitely be back.

November 17, 2018 at 01:51 Reply
  6. I cling on to listening to the rumor talk about getting free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the best site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i get some?

November 17, 2018 at 01:51 Reply
  7. A person essentially lend a hand to make critically posts I’d state. That is the first time I frequented your web page and so far? I surprised with the research you made to make this actual post incredible. Great job!

November 17, 2018 at 01:51 Reply
  8. It¡¦s in point of fact a nice and useful piece of info. I¡¦m satisfied that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

November 17, 2018 at 02:05 Reply
  9. Thank youThanks for any otheranothersome otherevery other greatwonderfulfantasticmagnificentexcellent articlepost. WhereThe place else may justmaycould anyoneanybody get that kind oftype of informationinfo in such a perfectan ideal waymethodmeansapproachmanner of writing? I haveI’ve a presentation nextsubsequent week, and I amI’m at theon the look forsearch for such informationinfo.

November 17, 2018 at 02:57 Reply
  10. You can definitely see your expertise within the paintings you write. The arena hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe. At all times follow your heart. “We may pass violets looking for roses. We may pass contentment looking for victory.” by Bern Williams.

November 17, 2018 at 06:50 Reply