Welcome to another Episode of Legacy Of A Tyrant. In this episode I will explain how skills, attributes and implants effect your character skill training. This video is more focused on new players but I hope you will like it nontheless.

I would also like to thank everyone for the feedback from Episode 1. This is a fairly new venture for me and as I progress in video making, I hope I can apply your feedback and learn with each new episode. For now atleast I hope you liked the video and I want to thank you for watching and stay tuned for Episode 3.

Greetings,

Tyrant Scorn

1. asd

how is this news ?

December 9, 2013 at 21:23 Reply
    1. Alison King

is news to new ppl duh

December 10, 2013 at 00:02 Reply
    2. Karashur

Everyone is a noob at one point in time, As someone who likes the game you should promote the video and the maker.

December 10, 2013 at 07:49 Reply
      1. Tyrant Scorn

Thank you for this. This is exactly the reason why I do it and I understand that some already established players might not be as interested in these kind of video’s but I just love to do it and I will leave it up to the viewers to like it or not.

December 10, 2013 at 12:21 Reply
      2. sdfghjk

i support help for newbies in the newbie section of a forum not on a news site.

December 10, 2013 at 12:51 Reply
  2. arkady

This is what you get when TMC poaches the better writers. Soon it’ll be all Goblin, all the time. Get your razorblades ready.

December 10, 2013 at 11:55 Reply
  3. Lux0r

Nice work, ignore the trolls that obviously have forgotten that they were a noob at one point and this would be news to a newer player.

I would recommend adding some links in the video description to the EVE Wiki when covering certain mechanics that are bit hard to explain in a 10-20 second sound bite.

To explain the skill point loss on a clone that doesn’t cover your total skill points a bit better…

From the EVE Wiki :: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/What_happens_when_my_character_dies

If you have a lot of skills trained to level 5 then the skill points will be removed from the highest ranked of those skills.

However, for example, if you have a rank 12 skill at level 1
    and a rank 4 skill at level 5, the skill points would be removed from
    the rank 4 skill as you have more skill points there.

When a skill has been selected, the system deducts the skill
    points your character has and the amount of skill points your clone
    saves. It then takes 5% of those skill points away, as long as that
    amount doesn’t total 50% of your total skill points in that skill.

To illustrate; if you have 10.000 skill points and your clone
    covers 9.000, the system removes 5% off 1.000 skill points, leaving 9950
    skill points.

December 10, 2013 at 16:10 Reply
  4. Leicester

Nice guide, definitely an improvement on the first.
    One thing that should be worth mentioning for implants is the skills required to use them, which is science III and cybernetics I if memory serves me correctly?
    Also don’t excessively upgrade your clone, especially if you are going to PvP regularly as it will get expensive to keep replacing them to that level for a newer player.
    My rule of thumb is next level up, unless my skills happen to be within 500,000 of it, in which case go two levels up.

December 11, 2013 at 01:55 Reply
  5. Clenz

Overall, I thought this video was very good for new players. I wish i would have had these videos when i started out years ago.

Some Feedback:
    -Move the “new players matter” segment to the beginning of the video, would have been a nice into. (8:00)
    -Move the roles segment to be before the skill points segment, would have been flowed into the skills segment well. (7:30)
    -It would have been nice if you at least touched on programs like Evemon for attribute optimization for every remap year.
    -Touch on what skills are needed for implants.
    -Show where/how to upgrade your clone.

Youtube was acting up and could not watch from 8:30 on.

December 11, 2013 at 14:02 Reply
    1. Tyrant Scorn

Thank you for your excellent feedback. As more episodes will be released and as I progress myself as a content creator I will address 3rd party programs like EveMon and even mobile applications.

Your feedback is very much appriciated and hopefully I will be able to take that with me with new video’s.

December 11, 2013 at 16:16 Reply