In this episode I will show the posibility to customize the Eve Online overview and how you can change how you see players and their ship information in space.

To customize your Overview and In-Space player/ship information you can modify your Overview XML file. On the Eve Online forums there are pre-made XML files available but it is also possible to modify your own file to your liking. Editing the XML file will require some knowledge about XML.

I hope you like this video, thanks for watching and stay tuned for more…

1. Yay! He's gone!

You know what I havent seen in awhile? A goblin article. I just wanted to say thank you.

December 8, 2013 at 15:45 Reply
    1. Dralo

shh dont say that name or he will hear you

December 8, 2013 at 15:46 Reply
    2. Simon pieman

Why oh why did you say his name? i swear if there is another article now i will hunt you down 🙂

December 8, 2013 at 16:56 Reply
    3. Yeah Right.

If you say his name 3 times you’ll summon him. >_>

December 8, 2013 at 19:18 Reply
    4. Daniel Plain

you done did it! hope you’re happy…

December 9, 2013 at 15:40 Reply
  2. Messiah Complex

It would be helpful if the OP provided the XML file he’s using.

December 8, 2013 at 16:22 Reply
  3. Leicester

Alright, good idea man but just one thing to critique – the presentation sucks.

For the next one, write out the points you want to cover and expand on them, hell – even write a script that you can read from while doing your presentation, with your current ad lib style you’re ummming and ahhhing way to much and repeating yourself several times for each point you make.

I look forward to the next episode, just work on your presentation, make it crisper, shorter, to the point, and people will really love this.

December 8, 2013 at 16:37 Reply
  4. where is the link

great idea now only if there was a link to forums

December 8, 2013 at 23:20 Reply
  5. StarDagger

Interesting to see this finally come out. You can change “distance” to “range”, less wordy and better for format.

December 9, 2013 at 08:34 Reply
  6. Harkuul

CCP should implement these changes of the Overview into the game

December 9, 2013 at 16:56 Reply
  7. Fidens Risalo

1: You can change the colour of tabs just by using colour codes in the overview settings, NO XML editing is needed. Just go download Sarah’s Overview Pack, it’s preset with everything you talked about with the overview stuff, takes 5 seconds to implement and is far more robust than what you have attempted.
    2: The changing of the ship’s bracket information is pretty cool, but that’s going to be a mess when in large engagements. Any real pvper is in situations where many ships are in one place at any given moment, when you hover over them in space you see a stacking of everyone in that space, my concern would be your multilined information blob will just overlap with each other or even worse, fill the entire viewable area with a crapton of text. I’m definitely going to try this though the next time I go out on a bomb run and see how it looks.
    3: This is a demo not “how to change your overview”. Maybe you just forgot that part, disapointing considering you did 2 minutes of content in 16 minutes (I’m pretty sure you reiterated the fact that it’s cool and applies to player owned or non-npc things about 12 times).
    4: Can you not link the resources?

December 9, 2013 at 19:18 Reply
  8. Tyrant Scorn

Hello & Thank you for the feedback,

I apologize that I couldn’t respond sooner but it took me a while to set up the account.

I will link the forum and website links for all of you. If you need any help or you would just like a direct copy of my Overview & custom XML, send me an In-game mail with your e-mail address and I will e-mail you the file with a basis run down on what to do.

Eve Online Forums:

Eve-Uni:

Hex Color Codes:

December 9, 2013 at 19:38 Reply
  9. riverini

Nice! we need more of this!

December 9, 2013 at 19:43 Reply
  10. Tyrant Scorn

Fidens Risalo, thank you for your feedback, this was the first actual video I made where I had to talk and record at the same time, so there was a bit of tension, it being my first video and all.

As more episodes will be released I hope to get into more and have a more smooth progession, but I really do appriciate your feedback.

December 9, 2013 at 19:47 Reply
  11. Tyrant Scorn

There are some small issues with stacking, when ships are very close together and when you hover over a structure that is reinforced for example, it shows the Rinforced text as normal and the rest is colored.

CCP is hopefully already working on UI improvements and I guess the XML modification is a nice feature when you’re not into the bigger fights where everyone is stacked againt each other.

December 9, 2013 at 19:54 Reply
  12. Muul Udonii

I got halfway through.

I get it, you made a few tweaks to your XML file and you won’t tell anyone how you did it.

And as other people say, it’s probably only useful when you are not in a big fight. Can you set some tabs to use this and not others? Cos that would be cool. If so please tell us how, if not, please don’t tel us anything, I’m sure it will take far longer for you to tell us than is necessary.

December 10, 2013 at 00:35 Reply
    1. Tyrant Scorn

I think at the end of the video I specifically said you could contact me ingame and if you read any of my comments here, you would have seen the links I posted.

December 10, 2013 at 06:15 Reply
  13. Tyrant Scorn

Small update, a fellow Eve pilot was kind enough to upload my Overview File to his server and make it available for download.

You can download the file directly from the following address:
    LINK: http://djf-ev.de/files/temp/General%20Overview%20Settings.rar

The file contains the Inspace color information just like in my video. To apply the XML mod and to get the colored overview tabs, follow these steps.

Step 1:
    Put the file into the following directory: C:Users**YOUR WINDOWS USER**DocumentsEVEOverview

Step 2:
    Then go into the game and undock and Import the new file from your Overview menu, RESTART Eve Online and then you should have the Ships Inspace information.

Step 3:
    To get the Overview tabs, you will have to go into your Overview Settings and then to the Overview Tabs section and use the following tab names:

Tab1 :
    TRAVEL

Tab2 :
    COMBAT

Tab3 :
    SCANNING

Tab4 :
    SALVAGE

Tab5 :
    DRONES

December 10, 2013 at 23:10 Reply
  14. PhReaKin Stoner

I modded mine in a way that everything is on one line. This way when there 30 people ongrid and you hover over the blob everything isnt overlapped and unreadable. If the lines seem to long you can remove the allice or corp ticker. Great vids though.

December 12, 2013 at 17:50 Reply
    1. Tyrant Scorn

Thanks.

Yeah, it has some issues with a lot of people close together.

If anyone wants a 1-line version, let me know, I can make one.

December 12, 2013 at 22:15 Reply
  15. Malice Cadelanne

I made a detailed list of instructions on how to implement this UI. Hope it helps!

February 1, 2014 at 12:58 Reply
  16. I simply want to mention I am just very new to blogging and site-building and seriously savored you’re website. More than likely I’m want to bookmark your site . You absolutely come with perfect posts. Many thanks for sharing your blog.

August 6, 2018 at 00:56 Reply
  17. Hi, if your looking for yarn have a look at Tangled Yarn, they have a great selection.

August 15, 2018 at 06:15 Reply
  18. As I web site possessor I believe the content matter here is rattling fantastic , appreciate it for your efforts. You should keep it up forever! Good Luck.

August 15, 2018 at 20:56 Reply
  19. Spot on with this write-up, I actually believe this amazing site needs much more consideration. I’ll oftimes be once again to learn additional, many thanks for that information.

August 16, 2018 at 10:14 Reply
  20. I simply could not go away your website prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the usual info an individual supply to your visitors? Is going to be back often to check up on new posts

August 17, 2018 at 05:31 Reply
  21. It is in reality a nice and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you just shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

August 18, 2018 at 01:19 Reply
  22. I’m not sure where you’re getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this information for my mission.

August 18, 2018 at 14:05 Reply
  23. Hello, you used to write excellent, but the last few posts have been kinda boring¡K I miss your great writings. Past several posts are just a little out of track! come on!

August 18, 2018 at 14:05 Reply
  24. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.

August 18, 2018 at 14:05 Reply
  25. Thanks for each of your work on this site. Betty take interest in going through research and it is easy to understand why. I learn all relating to the compelling medium you provide very important tactics through your web site and in addition attract participation from some other people on this idea then our favorite simple princess is undoubtedly starting to learn a whole lot. Enjoy the remaining portion of the year. You are always performing a fabulous job.

August 18, 2018 at 14:05 Reply
  26. Faytech North America is a touch screen Manufacturer of both monitors and pcs. They specialize in the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of Capacitive touch screen, Resistive touch screen, Industrial touch screen, IP65 touch screen, touchscreen monitors and integrated touchscreen PCs. Contact them at http://www.faytech.us, 121 Varick Street, New York, NY 10013, +1 646 205 3214

August 18, 2018 at 20:46 Reply
  27. Varick Street Litho , VSL Print is one of the top printing company in NYC to provide the best Digital Printing, Offset Printing and Large Format Printing in New York. Their printing services in NYC adopts state of the art digital printing services and offset digital printing for products postcards, business cards, catalogs, brochures, stickers, flyers, large format posters, banners and more for business in NYC. For more information on their digital printing nyc, visit http://www.vslprint.com/ or http://www.vslprint.com/printing at 121 Varick St, New York, NY 10013, US. Or contact +1 646 843 0800

August 19, 2018 at 10:35 Reply
  28. MetroClick specializes in building completely interactive products like Photo Booth for rental or sale, Touch Screen Kiosks, Large Touch Screen Displays , Monitors, Digital Signages and experiences. With our own hardware production facility and in-house software development teams, we are able to achieve the highest level of customization and versatility for Photo Booths, Touch Screen Kiosks, Touch Screen Monitors and Digital Signage. Visit MetroClick at http://www.metroclick.com/ or , 121 Varick St, New York, NY 10013, +1 646-843-0888

August 19, 2018 at 12:06 Reply
  29. Hiya, I am really glad I’ve found this info. Today bloggers publish only about gossip and net stuff and this is really frustrating. A good web site with exciting content, that’s what I need. Thank you for making this website, and I will be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?

August 21, 2018 at 17:49 Reply