With December already here I have received a lot of questions about the New Eden Open. Will there be another one? When will it happen? How big will the prize pool be? Well capsuleers, ask no more! I am here to give you the answers!

For those that don't know what the New Eden Open is, it is an EVE Online tournament featuring real life cash prizes held by CCP. So if you are interested in some serious spacefighting business then open those eyes and keep reading!

I am happy to announce that we will have a second New Eden Open, and it is going to be even bigger than the first one! We are also making some changes to the tournament based on the lessons we learned last year. So without further ado, let‘s go over the changes and dates for the second New Eden Open.

Oh.. Sorry.. I almost forgot, the prize pool this time around will be $25,000! The payout structure will be as follows:

• 1st place: $12,000
  • 2nd place: $8,000
  • 3rd place: $5,000

Now for the changes. We are reducing the maximum team size from 24 characters down to 12 characters. We are doing this to make the prize payouts more meaningful as well as to put the competitors in a place where they need to adapt to bans in a different way. We also think that this will encourage teams to have more practice matches against each other and hopefully stimulate a more healthy competitive environment around tournaments.

The other big change is obviously the dates of the tournament. Last year the tournament conflicted with some holidays and made it difficult for some to watch and compete. When we were looking at doing this year‘s New Eden Open we were facied with similar challenges when navigating expansions and holidays. We thought it would be better to move the tournament to a more convenient time, and find a permanent home for it in the schedule for the year.

The number of teams in the tournament will be unchanged at 32 teams but only 28 slots will be up for the silent auction. One of the extra slots will go to last year‘s winner Asine Hitama‘s Team (should they choose to accept it) and the rest of the slots will be dispensed through a raffle that will occur after the silent auction finishes.

The final rules for the tournament this year are being worked on, but I can tell you that we are looking in to how to deal with Bastion Mode Marauders, and how to balance tinker and sentry drone setups in a way that will encourage fun counterplay and new strategies.

But on to the dates!

• 12th of December: Signups open
  • 20th of December: Signups close at downtime and the number of teams are announced. Silent auction starts.
  • 22nd of December: Winners of the silent auction announced and final list of teams published, including the raffled teams.
  • 1st of February: First weekend starts
  • 8th of February: Second weekend starts
  • 15th of February: Third and final weekend starts

Finally I wanted to quickly address the issues with payment that occurred with last years winners. It is no secret that paying out the prizes is something that has taken longer than it should. The original arrangement was that our partner at the time was supposed to handle payments of the prizes. When they closed down their service we stepped in to deliver the promised prizes without any prior experience of paying out prizes like this. This resulted in us learning multiple lessons and streamlining our processes.

That is all I have for now but keep your eyes open for more dev blogs about the NEO in the coming days.

-CCP Bro

[ Original Announcement ]

1. ally teams please

Please have the teams be based on alliances. The random people that made up the teams last year made the tourney boring, cuz we had no attachment to the teams what so ever.

December 5, 2013 at 07:17 Reply
    1. Ciaphas Cyne

there is another tourny for that format

December 5, 2013 at 10:43 Reply
      1. ally teams please

I know there is. But why waste 25K on something that is boring as shit? Let’s be honest. Watching eve as a spectator is hardly an adrenalin rush, so some kind of relationship to the people fighting is needed.

December 5, 2013 at 16:25 Reply
        1. Ciaphas Cyne

well im sure for those participating in the tourny scene the teams do make some sense. for us we just have to follow the teams from tourny to tourny. I understand the sentiment though, its hard to cheer for someone when you know nothing about them.

December 6, 2013 at 05:36 Reply
    2. N3_Grunt

Let me please be the first to nominate you for the “Stupid comment award 2013”.

December 5, 2013 at 10:52 Reply
  2. Anun

Plz pay to ppls from last new open eden tourney. And sent ppls t-shirts you promise, its been a year since then. Stop promising something you cant do.

December 5, 2013 at 18:35 Reply
  3. droljica

Rejoice all rmt scumbags,,, and ccp.

December 5, 2013 at 21:15 Reply
  4. Asima Hitama

Some people didn’t receive their money from the last tournament!

December 9, 2013 at 10:18 Reply
  5. I just want to mention I’m all new to blogging and really savored your web-site. Likely I’m likely to bookmark your website . You absolutely have remarkable articles and reviews. Many thanks for sharing your web site.

August 5, 2018 at 22:01 Reply
  6. Good website! I truly love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified when a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a great day!

August 17, 2018 at 02:23 Reply
  7. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I’m quite certain I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

August 17, 2018 at 06:21 Reply
  8. There is clearly a bunch to realize about this. I suppose you made some nice points in features also.

August 18, 2018 at 17:45 Reply
  9. Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.

August 18, 2018 at 17:45 Reply
  10. Faytech North America is a touch screen Manufacturer of both monitors and pcs. They specialize in the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of Capacitive touch screen, Resistive touch screen, Industrial touch screen, IP65 touch screen, touchscreen monitors and integrated touchscreen PCs. Contact them at http://www.faytech.us, 121 Varick Street, New York, NY 10013, +1 646 205 3214

August 19, 2018 at 04:29 Reply
  11. MetroClick specializes in building completely interactive products like Photo Booth for rental or sale, Touch Screen Kiosks, Large Touch Screen Displays , Monitors, Digital Signages and experiences. With our own hardware production facility and in-house software development teams, we are able to achieve the highest level of customization and versatility for Photo Booths, Touch Screen Kiosks, Touch Screen Monitors and Digital Signage. Visit MetroClick at http://www.metroclick.com/ or , 121 Varick St, New York, NY 10013, +1 646-843-0888

August 19, 2018 at 16:13 Reply
  12. Varick Street Litho , VSL Print is one of the top printing company in NYC to provide the best Digital Printing, Offset Printing and Large Format Printing in New York. Their printing services in NYC adopts state of the art digital printing services and offset digital printing for products postcards, business cards, catalogs, brochures, stickers, flyers, large format posters, banners and more for business in NYC. For more information on their digital printing nyc, visit http://www.vslprint.com/ or http://www.vslprint.com/printing at 121 Varick St, New York, NY 10013, US. Or contact +1 646 843 0800

August 19, 2018 at 22:16 Reply