Comments

Some of you might remember a article i did a week ago regarding the plex for good scheme CCP was running to support the victims of the Philippines typhoon disaster. Many eve players across new Eden have rallied together to support those who desperately need their help the and so far in only one week of this scheme being up Eve players have managed to raise a whopping $43,000. In that article i mentioned the fact that CCP would be doing a special announcement on the 27th of November regarding something they were going to do to encourage players to donate, well christmas has arrived early, and CCP Santa did not disappoint. (Please note CCP Santa is not an actual employee of CCP.)

This afternoon at 5PM GMT CCP Bro announced that on the 7th of December at 13:00 UTC CCP will be doing a 8 hour livestream featuring many of our favourite employees from CCP. The Stream will be held on CCP’s stream channel http://twitch.tv/ccp.

What will they do in those 8 hours you ask? Currently CCP have released a few of the activities they plan on doing:
– A play-through of the Danger game
– Some small developer roams
– DUST 514 matches between the Developers
– A sampling of icelandic cuisine (fish pretty much)
– Developer duels which can be best explained through the following screenshot:

What are the incentives to donate other then to thank CCP for spending time out of their busy days to do this stream you ask?
Well in addition to the 2 in game shirts you get from donating, CCP will be offering pledge goals which when hit will cause various CCP employees to do comical things in real life, such as:

For every $2,000 donated CCP Dolan will be shot with 1 paintball.
If CCP reach $50,000:
– CCP Lebowski will get the Minmatar logo tattooed on his calf.
– GM Spider will get the Amarr logo tattooed on his body.
– CCP Dolan will have the number 50 waxed on his chest.
If CCP reach $55,000, CCP Gargant will shave his head.
If CCP reach S60,000, CCP Guard will spar against an Icelandic Tae Kwon Do medalist. (my personal favourite)
If CCP reach $75,000, GM CiD will get the Wreckage sleeve tattoo from EVE Online tattooed on his arm.
If CCP reach $125,000, CCP Mimic will shave her head.
More pledges are set to be announced when the live stream goes live.

What if you have rare items in game or alot of isk but not alot of plex/real world money, can you still help?
Yes you can! Players across New Eden have begun putting up their own donation schemes such as one player’s Malice (an extremely rare Alliance tournament ship) up for auction, all the isk will then be turned into plex which will then be donated. This Auction ends 5th december though which only gives you a couple of days to place a bid for this limited edition ship.

1. Ciaphas Cyne

not to be that guy but….
    “If CCP reach $125,000, CCP Mimic will shave her head”

i need my wallet….

November 26, 2013 at 21:14 Reply
    1. riverini

ohh dear…

November 26, 2013 at 21:58 Reply
  2. Bawk Bawkbagawk

i love it when companies ask us to donate to a cause through them. duh, who gets the tax write off?

November 26, 2013 at 22:18 Reply
    1. riverini

This is a very good question and I posed it a few years ago in the forums, I got a short ban in result…

November 26, 2013 at 22:20 Reply
    2. N3_Grunt

Does it really matter? It is either this way or pretty much 0 donation.

November 26, 2013 at 22:28 Reply
    3. Ciaphas Cyne

im guessing tax law is not the same in Iceland as it is in my home country. There are some factors that need addressing though. So when a company makes a claim like “for every coffee you buy we will give 10cents to starving llamas” they get the write off, not you. Now when you say give a car to charity though, you would be the one eligible for the write off. In both cases you are buying something of value, then the money that item generates is being sent to a charity. In one case you own the value of the item (the car) and in the other the company owns the value of the item (the coffee). I havent read the fine print but I would assume it works more like the coffee and less like the car. Plex is a CCP product, and the money it generates is going into CCP coffers. The company has simply stated that the proceeds it does generate will be earmarked for the donation. So its not really your money being gifted, but CCPs. I THINK!

November 26, 2013 at 22:56 Reply
    4. Michael Smith

Sometimes it’s iffy.. in this case, however, there are lots of people who play eve who are “Space Rich” but really have very little cash to make a donation themselves.. I applaud CCP giving the collage students and the like who have more ISK than they know what to do with a chance to support a worthy cause that they otherwise could not.

November 26, 2013 at 23:31 Reply
      1. Ciaphas Cyne

very good point, and it was something i really failed to even consider.

November 26, 2013 at 23:37 Reply
  3. Musashibou Benkei

Where’s the “If CCP reach $200,000, CCP Mintchip will show her tits……………..again” ?

November 26, 2013 at 23:34 Reply
    1. Ciaphas Cyne

proof or gtfo

November 26, 2013 at 23:38 Reply
      1. Colonel Cuntstick

more like tits or gtfo huehuehuehue #yoloswag420blazeit

November 26, 2013 at 23:49 Reply
  4. Duh

I’m picturing Dolan in assless chaps and a nut cup…

November 27, 2013 at 00:00 Reply
  5. Dralo

I quit EVE a while back but seeing CCP do this makes me happy. My wifes grandparents live on a small island off of Easter Samarr. The whole area was completely destroyed, all houses gone the boats etc destroyed. No food and the “relief” supplies wont reach that area for another month the gov thinks. Im heading down there in December to spend my vacation helping them to rebuild their house.

November 27, 2013 at 02:32 Reply
  6. n!gger faggot

who cares about the primitive browns living in the ass end of the world???

November 27, 2013 at 04:39 Reply
  7. I just want to say I am just newbie to blogging and site-building and honestly loved you’re blog site. Most likely I’m going to bookmark your website . You definitely have beneficial article content. Thanks a lot for sharing your web page.

August 5, 2018 at 23:03 Reply
  8. I¡¦m no longer positive where you’re getting your information, but good topic. I must spend some time studying more or understanding more. Thank you for fantastic info I was on the lookout for this information for my mission.

August 17, 2018 at 05:50 Reply
  9. This could be the correct blog for would like to learn about this topic. You already know a great deal of its almost hard to argue together with you (not too I actually would want…HaHa). You certainly put a fresh spin with a topic thats been discussed for some time. Wonderful stuff, just wonderful!

August 17, 2018 at 15:44 Reply
  10. My wife and i felt now relieved when Chris could finish off his researching out of the ideas he got when using the weblog. It’s not at all simplistic to simply always be making a gift of steps many people have been making money from. And now we remember we need the website owner to give thanks to for this. The entire explanations you have made, the easy site menu, the friendships your site help to create – it is many overwhelming, and it’s making our son in addition to us know that that issue is interesting, which is certainly highly mandatory. Many thanks for everything!

August 18, 2018 at 02:28 Reply
  11. Well I truly liked reading it. This subject offered by you is very helpful for correct planning.

August 18, 2018 at 20:53 Reply
  12. Helpful information. Fortunate me I discovered your website by accident, and I am surprised why this coincidence didn’t came about in advance! I bookmarked it.

August 18, 2018 at 20:53 Reply
  13. We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with valuable information to work on. You’ve done an impressive job and our whole community will be grateful to you.

August 18, 2018 at 20:53 Reply
  14. I really appreciate this post. I¡¦ve been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thx again

August 18, 2018 at 20:53 Reply
  15. Varick Street Litho , VSL Print is one of the top printing company in NYC to provide the best Digital Printing, Offset Printing and Large Format Printing in New York. Their printing services in NYC adopts state of the art digital printing services and offset digital printing for products postcards, business cards, catalogs, brochures, stickers, flyers, large format posters, banners and more for business in NYC. For more information on their digital printing nyc, visit http://www.vslprint.com/ or http://www.vslprint.com/printing at 121 Varick St, New York, NY 10013, US. Or contact +1 646 843 0800

August 19, 2018 at 02:00 Reply
  16. MetroClick specializes in building completely interactive products like Photo Booth for rental or sale, Touch Screen Kiosks, Large Touch Screen Displays , Monitors, Digital Signages and experiences. With our own hardware production facility and in-house software development teams, we are able to achieve the highest level of customization and versatility for Photo Booths, Touch Screen Kiosks, Touch Screen Monitors and Digital Signage. Visit MetroClick at http://www.metroclick.com/ or , 121 Varick St, New York, NY 10013, +1 646-843-0888

August 19, 2018 at 05:21 Reply
  17. Faytech North America is a touch screen Manufacturer of both monitors and pcs. They specialize in the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of Capacitive touch screen, Resistive touch screen, Industrial touch screen, IP65 touch screen, touchscreen monitors and integrated touchscreen PCs. Contact them at http://www.faytech.us, 121 Varick Street, New York, NY 10013, +1 646 205 3214

August 19, 2018 at 13:21 Reply