Well, what I can say? CCP Games is delivering on this front!
DUST 514 Running on Sisi
Best Internet Spaceship pilots!
Today on August 27, 2012, we have reached another milestone with opening DUST 514 on our test server Singularity for EVE players.
DUST 514 was moved to Singularity earlier last week and available there for DUST players. Since then we have worked hard to ensure that interaction between DUST and EVE is possible and stable. This is the first time that players from both EVE and DUST 514 can interact like this on a public (test) server – quite a revolutionary step and we gladly share this moment with you.
Initial Interaction starts now!
CCP Habakuk opened a thread on the Test Server Feedback forum where he elaborated on this milestone:
I am very happy to announce, that Singularity is finally open for both EVE and Dust players.
You will be able to interact with Dust players and you will be able to use Singularity like always, but there are a few caveats:
The current code on Singularity is older than the code on TQ – some stuff will be broken, which is already fixed on TQ (for example the tutorials). The latest balancing changes are also missing on Singularity
Only very basic interaction is possible with Dust players in this version
We know of several issues, which are already resolved in our internal development version.
We might restrict the server again with no warning if we find any critical issues.
Chat: You can chat with Dust players in local chat (of several empire systems).
- Hint: The chat UI will be improved a lot, to make it possible to recognize Dust players and to filter them
Eve-Mail: You can send messages to Dust players and they will be able to respond.
- Hint: Formatting will be stripped in Dust clients
Market: Dust items are being listed on the market, but for now it is impossible to buy them with an EVE client.
Reporting bugs and feedback:
Please do not write bug reports for problems on Singularity – but post them in this thread. Only write a bug report if asked to in a Dev reply in this thread. On one hand we already know of many issues and on the other hand we want to have one place for all the feedback. So please keep it all within this thread. Thanks!
Mirror: The current mirror on Singularity was taken on the 10th of August.
Reactivating accounts: More information soon, we are trying to enable automatic reactivation of accounts
Mass-test SP: Will be applied within the next 48 hours
- Transferring ISK to Dust mercs will send the ISK to the nearest black hole instead.
- Inviting a Dust merc to a private conversation or other chat channels does not work.
- Dust mercs can not join your fleet even though the option is there in the context menu.
- You can’t station trade with Dust mercs even though the option is there in the context menu.
- You can not add a bounty to Dust mercs even though the option is there in the context menu.
- Some of the Dust NPC corporations don’t have a logo yet.
- Dust mercs don’t have a portrait and will just show the default silhouette portrait.
Where to find Dust players on Singularity:
You will be able to find Dust players in following systems: Kothe (Kador), Ana (Domain), Marthia (Tash Murkon), Saikanen (The Citadel), Autama (Lonetrek), Soshin (The Forge), Jolia (Sinq Laison), Adacyne (Placid), Halle (Everyshore), Egbonbet (Metropolis), Kasrasi (Derelik), and Javrendei (Heimatar)
I don’t know about you, but an quite excited as the panorama clear a bit on the integration between the two games – I’ll visit the trade hubs in Sisi tonight and see how things work out.