If you are spending a night of your life carefully perusing through the recently released CSM 7 Minutes, chances are that you might be either an Eve Blogger or someone who should seriously seek mental help.
Anyways, there is a pastebin circulating with the TL;DR version of the Minutes – I hope you find them useful too:
CSM 7 Minutes – The “I got a life” version.
Quick summary of the things I reacted too, along with some quotes of things I found worth reposting.
- Lots of blah blah, storyline events where the outcome of one event would affect the story for the next.
INDUSTRY AND MINING
- Reduce number of clicks required
- Batch system for queing multiple jobs
- Start a production for 100, have resources for 10, job starts and runs till resources run out, resumes when you drop in more resources
- Que carrier(example) manufactury using “job order” -> watch sub modules get rolled into the same manufactury job
- visual improvements to UI
- desire to make industry jobs more visible ingame
“CCP Arrow said they hoped they could make industry easier to manage and cooler to look at.”
“CCP Xhagen asked if the industry UI needed improvement at all.”
“CCP Soundwave showed some statistics about mining since the drone regions changed and
Hulkageddon. Mining in high sec is slightly up, low sec is way up and null sec is way, way up based
on volume of ore.”
“CCP Xhagen asked when we could expect ring mining. CCP Soundwave said after the POS work
because it would most likely use the same team – best case scenario would be winter expansion
- Starts with a big disclaimer about how there’s not been much decided and that any plan is fairly liquid at the moment. They’re basically tossing ideas at the CSM to see what they think and will come back with someting more solid in the future.
- POS should be more more personal, “space housing”
- POS should be scalable, from personal to alliance level
- Remove Forcefield – add docking module/mooring module(miniforcefield-ish)
- Single structure – added modules?
- Old POS’ removed
- Starbase code is a mess, desire to replace/recode rather than repair. Crimewatch needs fixing first?
- 2013 project at the earliest
“Modular. CCP’s initial thoughts are that modules would be cubical and fit into a simple grid. Some
modules might be much larger than others, such as the docking module. CCP is thinking about some
sort of gameplay with the arrangement of the modules, such as having power generation modules
that generate heat that needs to be dissipated. Players might then be able to reduce cooling costs
by better arranging their modules.”
“UAxDEATH asked about if POSes would be restricted to one per moon, and CCP Greyscale said that
they wanted to allow them to be anchored just about anywhere. He would have an exclusion zone
around gates and stations, but would allow them anywhere else.”
“Two step asked if there would be a one starbase per grid limit, and CCP said no. They want to allow
people to build little “cities” of starbases. Greyscale said, “I want to make a major industrial outpost
in nullsec a little constellation of small structures and ships flying between them. This makes CCP
Ytterbium unhappy because they would be untidy.”
“Defenses. CCP is looking into defensive modules that would have firing arcs, so they wouldn’t
shoot through the structure itself.”
“I really, really, really want to let you put a jump drive on them.” The whole room erupted into smiles. He then continued, “Not just right click cyno jump, but you put a beacon down and it takes something like 48 hours before you jump.” He wanted to do this to allow small gangs to have a roaming base. “
(also said that it’s just an idea, don’t get too excited)
- supercap mooring module, adminable rights to unmoor it
“Elise asked about moored ships when a starbase is destroyed, and Greyscale said that they would all
un-moor and be able to be stolen.”
- possible temporary anchorable POS shield thingy
- another disclaimer “this is all subject to change, and still in the discussion stages”
- dust development is on track
- first release will be factional warfare only, no 0.0 stuff
- followed by sisi test client for 0.0 for 2013 release
“This release that you are playing is fairly old, it is essentially the Fanfest build, which is a couple of months old at this point. ”
- owning districts of a planet will be in 0.0 update
- can join FW sides, will be able to join player corps later
- some talk about how dust/eve corps would(or would not) work together.
- “good or better” clan support than other console fps games at launch
- finish dust district systems first, then PI integration
- new notification ui (combat notifications/other split)
- less mails
- fw notifications
- no date set
- new station services ui
- lots and lots of blah blah
- fitting window updates/module mouseover thingies(on sisi now)
- more “EFT-ish” fitting window(turn on modules without undocking, see updated stats)
- more ship hangar tools, such as filter ships based on fittings(example; so you can tell your shield/armor canes apart without opening their fitting screen)
- mouseover ship in hangar = recieve info
- CSM requesting tools to mass fit a group of ships
- CCP learned a lot from the inventory UI update, says they’ll work at it till people like it
- Soundwave says he’s going to pay more attention to critique from SISI forums.
- ewar interface showing drones attacking you
- some sort of colour code showing your chance to hit a target?
- Ytterbium starting with saying he’s not got much to say, but much to ask, they’ve been working on FW revamp instead
- NDA yadda-yadda
- Lots of talk from the CSM, but it seems NDA covers pretty much everything, so not much to say. :/
- UI is bad, needs fixing
WARDECS AND CRIMEWATCH
- neutral reppers will inherit the aggression timers of the one they’re assisting
- scooping agressed ships will not inherit agression at this time
- Sentry guns shooting all criminals, damage going up over time, eventually breaking carrier tanks, but not instapopping frigates at the start
- “looking at” december release
- predicts canflipper tears
- fleet vs fleet in highsec being able to agree on a “miniwardec” for arranged highsec pvp
- more work on wardec ui comming
- making surrender a more attractive option, making wars more conclusive somehow
- destructable highsec pocos
Lots of talk about wardec changes that have already happened, or that are known already
PLAYER EXPERIENCE – LAUNCHER
- Logging in via the launcher
- game client settings moving to the launcher, broken down into per-installation, per-account and per-character. The two latter added eventually…
- Splash screen goes away, replaced with a client loading progress bar
- EULA moved to the launcher
- SISI made easier to access
- CSM wishlisting lots
- fw stations getting quicker manufacturies/labs? Doubled number of slots.
- some ui updates being shown
- needs rewards for defensive plexing
This segment was pretty much all talk and ideas being suggested and CCP taking notes. A lot of “I’d like to see…” and “here’s an idea…”
Giving the militias short duration deployable cyno jammers to let them fight without outside interference was one of the ideas.
Art is currently working on;
explosions, v3, ship redesigns, new toys, new costrumes, tech work(pipline, tools)
- CSM got to see new explosion and bomb effects. Apparently they liked it.
- Art putting more focus on reiteration than before
- Amarr ships aren’t done, art agrees that they’re too dark
- new prophecy model, more ships being redesigned (tempest, punisher, purifier, crucifier, drake, heron and incursus are mentioned)
- Incursus lance getting shortened. I mad D:
- Art experimenting with ships changing configurations when entering/leaving warp. Not possible yet apparently, but it’s something they’re keeping in mind with their current redesigns. Similarily, some of the redesigns have visible cargo and drone hatches.
- Salvage drone being showed again along with the ore frigate
- concept work on new destroyers
- more incarna clothing they made earlier and haven’t released
- limited ship colouring customisation in the future
- clothing and colourpalletes in LP store and rare rat drops
- corp logos on ships, possible extra load issue during big fights
SHIP BALANCE AND ITERATION
- each race gets a line of missile ships
- CCP Ytterbium agrees that damps might have been nerfed a bit too hard
- csm happy about frigate changes
- new destroyers(the idea is that gallente/amarr ones are droneboats, caldari/minmatar missiles)
- rookie ship rebalance, role bonuses instead of skill bonuses
- ORE ship rebalance, hp buffs
- ore bays
- mined ore automatically going into orebays
- Hulk mining yield not nerfed, the others boosted
- mining frig, fast, big orebay, replace empire mining frigs
- empire mining cruisers will also be remade for combat roles
- recons possibly losing highslots for more lows/mid
- CCP Ytterbium wants cruisers to be faster
- prophecy droneboat, harbringer midway between maller and abaddon
- Ferox needs love, but doesn’t want to make it too much like a brutix
- Possible nerf to HMLs(range or cpu was mentioned) in order to balance the drake
- brutix -> minihyperion
- myrmidon, lose turrets, gain bandwidth
- cyclone plans undecided, possibly minimaelstrom, possible HAMboat
- Canes do too many things too well, utilityhighs might get hurt
- tier3, pretty well balanced
- Generally considered fairly balanced.
- Raven needs help, cruise missiles suck
- Apoc is good sniper. On grid proping is to quick. Snipers useless. Tier3 BC are better.
- hyperion has shitty tracking, possible increase to rep bonus
- typhoon pure torp boat
- EAF; suggested Ewar snipers
- EAF; recons do their ewar job better, other frigates do the frigate job better
- EAF; to costly
- other t2 frigs fairly well balanced
- SB; lockbreaker bombs might get buffed
- Sabers rule
- damps need work
- pilgrim needs love
- Devoter is better than Phobos
- Shield hics both useful
- Make minmatar/gallente HICsfaster, amarr/caldari tankier?
- boost HACs, many underused
- whore mails
- basilisk too slow
- off grid boosting shouldn’t exsist
- swap boosting bonus with t3
“CCP Ytterbium quite bluntly stated “Black Ops are lame” and explained that they “try to do two things and fail at both.”
- mass to high
- fuel use to high
PLAYER TO PLAYER CONTRACTS
Another big work in progress, nothing is decided disclaimer.
CCP asking what sorts of contracts the CSM wants-
Lots of talk about treaties. Making renters pay in materials, charging other players with recurring fees, lots of talk about renters and various mercenary contracts. Some cool stuff. Third party escrow contracts.
- DUST gathering publicity to EVE, brush up tutorials to welcome newbie flood, we got this devblog recently
- More stuff to CONCORD LP store
- Faction standing gains from incursioning
- incursion live events
- unnerf incursions a bit
- CCP trying to map all income sources in the game in order to better rebalance them. Lowsec in particular.
- There are two Revenants in the game. Droprate sucks. Ship itself needs a buff.
- And end to incursions, probably not. Sansha is persistent.
- Make incursions more visible in highsec.
- More live event talk.
- CCP done rebalancing truesec in drone regions.
We’ve seen the devblog about this, but eh.
- Sweden won Eurovision
- Turkey made a man boat
- botting is in decline
- automatic botter detection, bannings done manually, GM’s do to Sreegs if they’re unsure. False positives rare.
- Some statistics about number of banned accounts, ISK deleted, PLEX stuck on banned accounts etc. Big numbers.
- authenticators are comming, eventually
- anti-hacking improvments to client and account
- infrastructure stuff
- New player experience telling people RMT is bad
NEW PLAYER EXPERIENCE
Typical reasons given for quitting:
“I got lost in the game early on”,
Gameplay feels too slow”
“It takes too long to figure out what the game is about”
“I don’t know how to proceed to the next step”.
- Fix tutorial
- Explain clones/jumpclones/podding better
- Explain expressions and slang.
- Expand evewiki
- Encourage newbies into joining player corps/organisations early
I’m tired, just gonna skim through the rest.
- Inflation has been high recently, but is going down.
- Mining price graphs, burn jita and hulkageddon talk
- Some talk about what CCP’s plex-monetary-committee do and how they work. Seeding plex on the market that’s been confiscated from banned players and stuff.
- CCP looking for more plex sinks. There’s a lot of them ingame apparently.
- Sofar, they haven’t needed to intervene, but showed the CSM some plans they had but decided not to go through with(plex spike around escalation launch and nvidia card offers)
- more statistics and money blah blah